• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Zero, and we all know it. The whole electric is better scenario is political grandstanding. Yup, some can make it work, if they are careful and don't live extravagantly. For the mainstream, not so much. I have been careful up until now about voicing my opinion. But electric is way way in the future. If ever.

I get about the same mileage you get.
From Sarasota, I can get to Diamond Caverns RV park in KY on a half tank and then all the way to northern IN on another half. 1250 miles. I find that the route you mentioned is the best and most non-stress route heading north to the mid-west. I took that route last time I went to the mothership in Nappanee, IN. 65 from AL to Indianapolis and then 31 north.
1250 miles on a tank??!!!! Is it a 200 gallon tank? Mine is a 100 gallon tank and I can't get anywhere near 1250 miles. :oops:

My tank is 150 gallons, that gives me a theoretical range of around 1200 miles.
But I start looking for place to refuel at 1/2 tank level.

My tank is 150 gallons, that gives me a theoretical range of around 1200 miles.
But I start looking for place to refuel at 1/2 tank level.
OK. I feel better. :ROFLMAO:

1250 miles on a tank??!!!! Is it a 200 gallon tank? Mine is a 100 gallon tank and I can't get anywhere near 1250 miles. :oops:
Yes.
No, its a 150 gal tank. I can go about 600 miles on a 1/2 tank.
I always fill up at a 1/2 tank, so, at Diamond Caverns I filled back up.

If anyone is interested in tracking weekly diesel fuel prices.

https://www.eia.gov/global/scripts/jquery/highcharts/exporting-server/index.php
1652106508390.png

They promised we are for historic times ahead. The diesel prices are at historic high(y)

If one believes much of this price hike is intentional (to encourage electric car ownership), then this will interest you. Today California announced statewide shortages of electricity. Cautioned that rolling brownouts will be the norm throughout the coming summer months. All this while they are shutting down our only remaining nuclear power plant (Diablo Canyon) which provides between 10-15 percent of our power. So what happens when you can't charge your electric car ? I'm thinking you have to hook it up to a gas burning generator...another head scratcher 😉

If one believes much of this price hike is intentional (to encourage electric car ownership), then this will interest you. Today California announced statewide shortages of electricity. Cautioned that rolling brownouts will be the norm throughout the coming summer months. All this while they are shutting down our only remaining nuclear power plant (Diablo Canyon) which provides between 10-15 percent of our power. So what happens when you can't charge your electric car ? I'm thinking you have to hook it up to a gas burning generator...another head scratcher 😉
The little bit of math I took contradicts the notion that if your already short of power, that discontinuing another 15% of it will fix the problem.

Has there been a directive not to charge cars?

Latest resources

Back