• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It is indeed. And to my knowledge, there is nothing we can do about it. Just sit here and watch the carnage as it unfolds.
carnage Is right. I cannot think of a worse situation that can impact all of us in our daily lives. I have been thinking how this might unfold and I imagine the critical supply chains will get priority in getting fuel whereas the rest of us will have to wait or be prioritized to get fuel. I am cancelling my reservations in Montana this summer because of this now and other events going on in my personal life but I don’t want to be out there hunting down fuel to get down the road. I remember the gas crisis from the 70’s and we had to search and get in line and wait what seemed like hours for fuel. I sure hope that doesn’t repeat itself.

I've thought of cancelling my trip to CO as I really don't want to deal with this. One CG already required me to pay in full as it touches a holiday weekend. We'll see how things go. But this situation is absolutely insane and our gov't has no desire to fix this. Some discussion above about why/how this is occurring but my belief it's intentional, maybe their climate control thinking, who knows. I'm curious why I haven't seen airlines complaining yet.

I know the roots of this situation is political, let's just do our best to keep politics out of this. Believe me, I want to rant as much as anyone here.

Have you seen any repercussions of this around reservations?
Yes, I was getting a couple of reservations each week, now I'm getting 3-4 a month. I've talked with the guests about how this is going to affect them travel wise and several have told me they intend to camp a little less, and to stay closer to home.

But I'll bet the ranch if (or should I say when) diesel hits $7 a gallon, the game is over for all those except the most dedicated RV'er.

I paid nearly $7.50/gal for my plane last night (not long ago it was under 5). It IS insane! There are two providers at my airport, one has NO fuel. I think they are about ready to go out of business due to this.

there is a betting line out there amongst truckers etc diesel will go to 10/gal this summer. At that point I will keep my bus stored inside plugged in and wait it out. There’s a limit to ridiculousness.

It would be cheaper for me to forfeit the loss on the one CG as well. I'm supposed to go to the Oshkosh, WI AirVenture airshow at the end of July. I wonder how many cancellations that event will endure on the airplane side.

It's sad, we just endured a Pandemic and this is no different other than less are dying from this but mental health of many will be put to a test so this will have an impact sadly as well. Businesses struggled through the last crisis and now are put right back into the struggle again. This one is fixable...

there is a betting line out there amongst truckers etc diesel will go to 10/gal this summer. At that point I will keep my bus stored inside plugged in and wait it out. There’s a limit to ridiculousness.
Well, as luck would have it, I have some vacancy over here. So lucky you, I will store your rig for free. :) When can I expect your arrival?

lol, just saw a bit on the news where some of the stations are reworking the internals of their pumps to have the space necessary to display the increased prices.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back