Question Digital Clamp Meter

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Rich,

Not sure mine is much better…it was around $50 on Amazon. I wanted the same…data logging while driving via Bluetooth.

Also, I liked that it does temperature and capacitance…and has the range of AC and DC measurements likely on an RV.

Thanks all. I guess there is no easy way to log while driving. I guess I will just have to get a new one and measure while idling. Or i guess i could “shut off” the solar and watch the shunt and see how much is coming into the batteries…. Assuming only small loads at the time.

Mine worked for data logging. I clamped it back in the chassis battery compartment, and added a bit of tape to make sure it couldn't come off. I logged into the device with the phone app...and laid the phone back my the washer and dryer in the rear bathroom while we drove. I was able to capture data okay.

I was just making an observation...that it wasn't a Fluke meter... but it gets the job done.

I haven't used it for data logging in a while...looks like a new app isnout that connects to a myriad of devices...including clampmeters.

"AiLink" app

Mine worked for data logging. I clamped it back in the chassis battery compartment, and added a bit of tape to make sure it couldn't come off. I logged into the device with the phone app...and laid the phone back my the washer and dryer in the rear bathroom while we drove. I was able to capture data okay.

I was just making an observation...that it wasn't a Fluke meter... but it gets the job done.

I haven't used it for data logging in a while...looks like a new app isnout that connects to a myriad of devices...including clampmeters.

"AiLink" app
Thanks Charlie

When you have time, let me know the model. No rush at all.

Thanks
Rich

1000005253.jpg

There are a bunch of variations of these on Amazon. All in the same ballpark cost wise.

You all are costing me money 🤣

Have a nice set I picked up a couple years ago that does everything but, no logging.

May have to do some more research now.

Logging is da bomb!

I like it too...when I check the Jeep. Clamp the meter on a cable, sit inside vehicle and read on phone while depressing accelerator...

Thanks Charlie. I have the same model, but had not used mine in awhile and now it’s kaput. It randomly displays number when not connected and I cannot get it to read anything from the clamp. Unless I am doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back