Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...got around to installing the NEW ITR version in Zone 1 yesterday. We lost that zone on our way home from Asheville, in October. Fuse blew, replaced...blew again...ordered a replacement pump. ITR was fast...UPS was slow.

I had ordered two pumps, and a 1yr and 5yr service kit. So, I did the service on the Oasis Burner Assembly. The 5 yr kit...is the same as the 3 yr kit...but includes a new fuel nozzle. Happy I ordered this...it truly speeds up the service to have an entire nozzle assembly.

Open the housing...screwdriver, 5/8” wrench, brake cleaner, q-tips, and paper towels... Remove and replace igniter...pull out fuel nozzle head...remove the nozzle (keep) and sintered filter...clean up the head assembly with brake cleaner. Install new sintered filter and nozzle...put that back in. Opted not to replace optical flame sensor at this point ...just kept the new part on hand...and replaced the air compressor filter assembly. Kept thinking...What did I do wrong??? —-it can’t be this easy!!!

I’ll replace the Garber filter...as I do annually with my Engine fuel filter service. I need to go out for some fresh diesel in a yellow Jerry can for pre-filling the filters. Might as well do them all together.

Back in the garage...disassembled the old nozzle for a thorough cleaning...placed the new o-ring on the tailpiece...and it’s now in my kit for next time I service the unit.

The replacement pump for zone 1 was easy...and gave me a chance to see there have been no drips from the engine pre-heat pump addition...so, all is good.

Turned off the A/C and tested the furnace before closing everything up to check for drips. All good. Ready, hopefully...for another 197.7 hrs of diesel burner...and countless AC1/AC2 heated luxury :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back