Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Do you do your OASIS service EVERY year?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Warning: Going to be bad here!

To date I have done my OASIS annual services but I admit, I question if it's necessary. If it's working, why mess with it? I know there are filters, the main one that I would definitely replace is the diesel filter, simple to do. There is another filter within the unit but I'm not sure it's as critical. I do keep the annual service kit on board at all times and once used it's replaced for the next year's service. I'm coming up in my 3 year and I'm ready to do it but I'm just putting to words here what's in my head...is it really necessary? I am going to do the 3 year soon and have to do more electrical inspections and cleanup after fixing the last short. Make sure you do your electrical inspections at the 120V line connection and below the hour meter or by inspecting from the front of the unit where you can also look up and in that area. Inspect inspect inspect!

Come on, just between us, do you do your OASIS service every year? What are your thoughts on this maintenance task?

Annual kit: Amazon.com: International Thermal Research Oasis Hydronic Heating System - Annual Service Kit: Automotive

3 year kit: Amazon.com: International Thermal Research Oasis Hydronic Heating System - 3 Year Service Kit: Automotive

5 year kit: Amazon.com: International Thermal Research Oasis Hydronic Heating System ~ 5 Year Service Kit: Automotive

Super helpful step by step video - anyone can do this!

Last edited:
Two years out,.,no service. Have the parts onboard,

So far, yes. We had Newmar do our annual service when we were there last June. That was one year after we took delivery of the coach. The June anniversary is approaching again and we will be faced with deciding whether it needs to be done annually or not. We'll be watching this threat.

TJ

I did mine last year first time since I owned. I don’t use my coach enough to warrant it every year. I will do it next year along with my gen. How many carry a spare pump? I have debated getting one.

How many carry a spare pump?
I don't carry "one;" I carry two! With the documented failure rate of those pumps (especially the earlier version), I want to be able to restore my system to operation. The reason for "two?" I'm hoping that since I am overly prepared, I won't ever need even one. ;)

TJ

I do, the newer style. They let me send back the "bad style" which was very nice of them.

I've been meaning to pick up a spare to carry. What is the "Newer style"? Will it fit most newer models?

I think if you order it now then that's what you get.

Here is the newer pump installed in the distribution module. The two older pumps can be seen on the right.
C3FEB171-962B-4904-9632-532BD7516746.jpeg
1DA84B33-3076-4189-9F07-8611776E272F.jpeg

I carry a spare pump and 1 year service kit. On our 2017 I did the service at 15 months and figured I would do again if I had an issue, otherwise just do at 3 years. As for the pump, I changed 2 of the 3 pumps on the 2017 which came with the old style. Hope I never need on new coach which should be updated pump.

Latest resources

Back