• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Drinking Water - coach or bottled.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've seen rust colored water come from a tap at a RV Park.

We spent years lugging bottled water into the house and the MH but several months ago bought a Berkey water filter and it is wonderful.

Here is a link: Techno RV/ Berkey

P.S. I have no affiliation with Techno RV.

I've seen rust colored water come from a tap at a RV Park.
The first thing I do prior to connecting my water line is purge the pump. Run it for a few seconds and get the yuck out as it may have not been used in a while. This also prevents this yuck from blasting your filter and causing it to crap out early. Always purge the spigot prior to connecting is my advice.

The first thing I do prior to connecting my water line is purge the pump. Run it for a few seconds and get the yuck out as it may have not been used in a while. This also prevents this yuck from blasting your filter and causing it to crap out early. Always purge the spigot prior to connecting is my advice.

And purging the spigot you also fill your hose prior to connection to the RV and don't have the air purging inside at the fixtures.

All the water is likely safe. However Change in mineral content, my system does not like. Seems I am not alone the dogs stools are runny when we move if we don't giver her RO water.

Enough of that topic. We use Ozone to purify the water. We then filter with carbon block filter. We then run drinking water thru RO system. Seems like a lot but we know that poisons they don't test for and salts vary with location. The ozone is really set up so any water supply can be used like a stream or lake.

Have a spigot filter and a plumbed filter. Brush teeth, make ice cubes, and generally use house water with no issues. However, I bring bottled water to drink because my wife doesn't trust the MH water. Plus, it helps conserve if we boondock. We just side trip it (not full timers) so it's really not an issue for us.

This is a difficult choice as we generally stay away from bottled water. At home I filter the drinking water several times in different ways. For those that think tap water is fine, I'll include a picture of the house filter after six months, and this is water from a well regarded city/county water utility.

For the RV, we use tank water for most everything except drinking and cooking. Too much variability on the road and chance of unforeseen contamination. We bring bottled water purchased locally.

The picture below is the first whole house filter. We use city water that is considered and tested to be high quality city water in Florida. This filter started out very white. And yes I am practically on a first name basis with the County Water Utility. The response over the years, it is clean when it leaves the plant, change your filter more often.

Last time I complained, they did flush the community fresh water system. And have done this in the past when presented with evidence of contaminants. The utility is responsive but the issue remains.

IMG_4347.jpg

Last edited:

I know that's when I saw the brown water, we're sold on the Berkey.

This is a difficult choice as we generally stay away from bottled water. At home I filter the drinking water several times in different ways. For those that think tap water is fine, I'll include a picture of the house filter after six months, and this is water from a well regarded city/county water utility.

For the RV, we use tank water for most everything except drinking and cooking. Too much variability on the road and chance of unforeseen contamination. We bring bottled water purchased locally.

The picture below is the first whole house filter. We use city water that is considered and tested to be high quality city water in Florida. This filter started out very white. And yes I am practically on a first name basis with the County Water Utility. The response over the years, it is clean when it leaves the plant, change your filter more often.

Last time I complained, they did flush the community fresh water system. And have done this in the past when presented with evidence of contaminants. The utility is responsive but the issue remains.

View attachment 6585
Sounds like you are on a dead end line with no circulation back to the system. That's usually why flushing once in a while is needed.

We use a Brita pitcher which fits easily into side bins on fridge door.

Latest resources

Back