Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Barry J

RVF Regular
So we have a camper at a seasonal camp ground. Our meter has not moved for months, we keep getting electrical bills for $0.00. Yet we still have electricity coming to our camper. All the sites have individual meters that get read every month.When we first noticed the low bill, we contacted the front office to say “we think the meter is defective, we had an extremely low bill”, their response was “don’t worry, next time they read the meter, it will catch up”…..well it hasn’t.
My question is : is the park being charged for the electricity, and I am not getting charged
Or is the town paying and the campground is not being charged for my monthly usage?
I think I am going to mention it again…I just do not want to have it come back at me.
Any suggestions?

My belief is that most, if not all, Campgrounds use Submeters for the individual camp spots, to allocate the power to campers, and are charged by the Utility based on a Master Meter where the power enters the Campground.

It would be prudent to speak with the Camp Ground Manager or Owner to get the submeter for your campsite working.

Sample:

https://puc.vermont.gov/sites/psbnew/files/doc_library/4800-campground-submetering_0.pdf

Latest resources

Back