Keystone
RV Model
Cougar23mls 5th whrel
RV Length
26ft
Fulltimer
No
I have a new Cougar 23mls 5th wheel
Is there a way to have the refrigerator run while we travel to our next stop to keep things cold? Electric or propane?

I have a new Cougar 23mls 5th wheel
Is there a way to have the refrigerator run while we travel to our next stop to keep things cold? Electric or propane?
The hazard is if the auto ignition goes active at the pumps.

The hazard is if the auto ignition goes active at the pumps.
What pumps? Are you talking about propane? I take the propane tanks out when I fill them. I just want to know what will keep the fridge operating while we are moving so we don't lose food.
Thanks
Chuck

If your camper has a generator, just let it run and keep the a/c and fridge running.

If not, why can’t you run it on propane while driving? It will also need the 12v, so make sure that you’re charging.

What pumps? Are you talking about propane? I take the propane tanks out when I fill them. I just want to know what will keep the fridge operating while we are moving so we don't lose food.
Thanks
Chuck
Fuel pumps. Sparks do a better job setting off gas fumes than a flame. I always had the fridge running on the road, back before I went solar. But I stopped short of the fuel station to turn everything off.

General consensus is do not drive and use propane. I am not sure. Never heard the spark ignitor at the gas pump scenario, it does make sense. IF I was concerned and really wanted a clean solution, I would install an inverter just large enough to run the fridge and run a separate wire to the fridge compartment and mount another receptacle. Make sure the inverter is on batteries being recharged as you drive.

Latest resources

Back