Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
@Neal and @TJ&LadyDi
A long time ago there was a thread over there about dumping the air bags on the Equalizer panel. The recommendation was to hit the auto deploy (wrong terminology) button wait for it to start and then hit the button again and it will release the air out of the bags. Is that still the recommended procedure as there was discussion over there about it not be standard and it may cause unnecessary wear and or problems later on?

@TJ&LadyDi came up with the procedure I believe where you tap auto level which starts the process of deflating the air bags. Once that starts press the button again to stop the process so the levelers don't come down. Once all the air is out then press auto level and let it complete. It's been a long time since I've done that as mine are controlled by HWH Active Air now but I believe that's the process.

@Neal was close in his recollection, but there is one additional step involved. After the "air is out" as Neal describes, you must then hit the retract button and let the system return to its starting point before, again, pressing the Auto Level button to initiate the final leveling process. That lets it do the auto-leveling from a fully deflated air bag position and usually results in a lower final level of the coach.

I don't know that it was ever "standard procedure;" instead, it was a work-around. As for "causing unnecessary problems later on," I don't think it would, but I don't know. Some people level their coaches more than others, so I don't know of any cycle limitations.

Since the Equalizer system went down the road with the 2014 Ventana LE when we sold it, I haven't used that procedure for a couple of years.

TJ

Similar procedure, but I initiate the auto-level to dump bags, then touch the retract button to stop the leveling and let the air dump to finish. I then level manually. I'm not aware nor concerned about any undue wear and tear.

Latest resources

Back