RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Flair, 34R
RV Length
34'
Fulltimer
No
One of our fenders completely ripped off. Would like to know a relatively easy approach to get this back on.
It's a 2005, so it doesn't need to be a polished solution.

Fender1.jpg

Fender2.jpg

Question: I noticed my thread got moved to the "Fleetwood" forum.
I'm curious to know why. When my question seems unique to Fleetwood, I post it there.

But I feel like this is generic enough that I'd like to hear from a wider audience, not just Fleetwood owners.
Perhaps others have found a good way to get a fender back on, regardless of what type of RV it is.

Just curious really...

I think I would try to superglue it back on to the tabs. Just to make sure they are in the correct position. Then remove it all and work on it from the backside. Superglue by itself isn't that strong so you'd want to just loosen all the screws first. In any case one or two tabs might not stick. Put them back on later.

The real repair would be on the backside. Lately it's been a 50/50 shot whether epoxy works on such issues for me. Not real thrilled with that. I've been using superglue and graphite for some things. Superglue and baking soda for others. It's surprisingly strong and when you use the glue with various powders it basically sets instantly. Like we always wished superglue would. For more details and examples there are bunches of how-to videos on Youtube. One latest one I saw they were using it with cement. You can do some pretty slick repairs with it but each and every one tends to be pretty ugly. Hence doing the work on the back as much as possible.

I think I would try to superglue it back on to the tabs. Just to make sure they are in the correct position. Then remove it all and work on it from the backside.
That was good advice! Trying to line the broken pieces up after taking them off would be problematic.
I'll temporarily tape the whole fender on for placement, then superglue, then remove everything and work from the backside.
Thank you!

One of our fenders completely ripped off. Would like to know a relatively easy approach to get this back on.
It's a 2005, so it doesn't need to be a polished solution.
For some reason I can get the link to paste. But I have had a lot of luck with this product.

Super CA Glue (2 x 4.5 oz.) with Spray Adhesive Activator (2 x 16.9 fl oz.) Ca Glue with Activator for Wood, Plastic, Metal, Leather, Ceramic - Cyanoacrylate Glue for Crafting&Building (2 Pk) (amazon of course)​

Got be fast though.

So it's not a fender skirt right? When in place you won't care to take it off again, right?

That taken care of! I would follow the above advice but would finish the job off with UHB 3M double sided tape applied between the bolts.

Still waiting to hear how it happened in the first place? :)

So I had an issue similar to this with my motorhome rear cap. I made come small aluminum "U" clips that extended past both dies of the broken tab and fiberglass resin glued the clips and the broken tab together and then slipped them back on to the main part of the fender glue and riveted them in place and re mounted the fender then overlaid with fiberglass cloth and painted. Pictures show the result. There was much more to this project as I actually pulled the entire endcap off the RV. The top corner shown in the picture was torn off and I reattached glassed and painted. AS you can see I pulled every screw through the glass so it was quite a project.

IMG_7762.JPG
IMG_7764.JPG

XLXP0048.JPG

IMG_7722.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

Latest resources

Back