• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Firmware Update for LA 4551 radio (XSG4NA) and DEF stuff

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, I have a few updates. First with regards to the radio and the navigation system not working - I was never able to do the firmware update. Last week I got the black screen of death. I took the core unit out and tried to reset it. Didn't work. RP thinks I have a bad core unit. I reported to Newmar so that can be added to my list when I return in a few weeks. The aggravating part of this story is that when I was at Newmar in May, I was having issues with the radio and nav system. RP had Newmar change the knob. That didn't work and they had Newmar replace a cable. I was pushing for a new unit, as I spoke with another LA owner who had to have their "display" replaced 3 times. Response from RP in May to my tech at Newmar,

"I have been advised by my team here that we need to let the replacement cable play its course. We really need to see if we can make the monitor fail again with the new cable. If it fails again, I will need to relay the info to Xite Solutions so they can take a look at their monitor inventory further."
So at this point I don't know if I need a new display and core unit. Meanwhile thankfully I have the monitor at the passenger seat. By switching two cables on the core unit, I was able to have limited use of my cameras.

Thanks @FLSteve for the information regarding your emissions and the detailed fault code. After about 3-4 cycles, I was able to clear the High Def Concentration. BUT, it came back. I put more DEF in the day before I was due to travel and started up the coach and everything was golden until the next day. I started up the coach to leave and the Check Engine Light reappeared with High Def Concentration and Emissions codes. I drove to Nashville and it never cleared.

Met up with @NWIP and he was teaching me how to set up and use my BlueFire. When he started the coach I had a Stop Engine Light. I called Spartan and a new DEF sensor was overnighted and will be replaced tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, @NWIP continued with my lesson. He had attempted to clear the codes and it did not initially clear, but after 2-3 cycles of restarting the engine, the check engine and stop engine codes cleared with only an outstanding amber light and Emissions code. Will update as I have more information.

1663687523570.jpeg

Yikes! If you highliner owners are have these issues us ‘cheapseaters’ are doomed. :)

Yikes! If you highliner owners are have these issues us ‘cheapseaters’ are doomed. :)
Actually its the other way around. We have it easy by comparison.

Latest resources

Back