• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Firmware Update for LA 4551 radio (XSG4NA) and DEF stuff

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@ARD ... I updated my firmware about three (3) months ago using this attached cheat sheet and the below steps ... (and with some help from @redbaron) :)

• Download the file to a blank USB stick (do not unzip).
• Insert the USB into the front USB port of the Core unit.
• Go to the Main Menu
• Select Media Center
• Select immediately when prompted.
• Please be patient this may take up to 15 minutes to complete.

FLSteve

Attachments

• Firmware Update.pdf
    344.4 KB · Views: 7
@ARD ... I updated my firmware about three (3) months ago using this attached cheat sheet and the below steps ... (and with some help from @redbaron) :)

• Download the file to a blank USB stick (do not unzip).
• Insert the USB into the front USB port of the Core unit.
• Go to the Main Menu
• Select Media Center
• Select immediately when prompted.
• Please be patient this may take up to 15 minutes to complete.

FLSteve
Thanks tons. Those are the same instructions I am working from but it doesn't update. 😕 What update are you running? Did you also do the Nav update?

What update are you running? Did you also do the Nav update?
I downloaded the files on 5/21/22. Will see what update that is tomorrow when I look in the coach.

The file I downloaded for the firmware update was named:
update_M517_G4_Newmar_LuxuryDiesel_Production.zip

The file I downloaded for the search engine update was named:
iGO.apk

You have to put them on separate zip drives I believe.

And then the map upgrade is done via WiFi

FLSteve

Thanks tons. I'll contact Spartan tomorrow. I don't want to head to the mountains this weekend and have a problem.
@ARD ... Here is who helped me up at Spartan on the code.

Michael Flowers
Customer Service Tech
Spartan RV Chassis, A Shyft Group Brand
Office 800.543.4277 OPTION 1
email [email protected]

Hahah. I didn't even get any satisfaction from it. Lawd. I read somewhere that banging it could help if there was any crystallization, but as you noted, nothing happened. LOL.
That would be for pre-2016 Freightliner DEF headers (and maybe the same era Shaw DEF headers on Spartans - I don’t know) that have an actual float that rides on a verticle shaft. But even those, once mucked up, need to at least be heavily flushed if not removed and cleaned. Yours is all solid-state (and perhaps even more susceptible to corrosion from ammonia) so no amount of banging on it will help. But I can certainly understand the temptation….

@ARD ... here is the version I have. At least this is what shows up. Any progress on your end?

FLSteve

Attachments

• Version.jpg
    Version.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 4
Below please find the info from the Xite Engineers. I wasn't able to get it to work...yet. Going to try again once more and if I can't get it to work, I'll be taking up RP's offer to send new USB sticks.

From Xite:

Final Version.

Here are the steps for Mac users running older Firmware to allow for FW update and then .APK updates. A few extra steps but otherwise the same.

Insert a blank thumb drive between 4 GB and 32 GB in size into the Mac (to delete files on the drive open the drive then press COMMAND + A then DELETE
  1. Create a folder called xite on the desktop. Make sure the name is all lower case. (Right click on the desktop and select New Folder or COMMAND + Click and select New Folder)
  2. Copy the G4 Firmware .ZIP file from the Downloads folder (or wherever it is). (Highlight the file and press COMMAND + C).
  3. Open the xite folder on the desktop and press COMMAND + V. This will past the file into the folder.
  4. Open a terminal window by pressing COMMAND + SPACEBAR then type the word terminal into the Spotlight Search
  5. Hit enter to open the terminal.
  6. Copy the text below by highlighting it the press COMMAND + C
xattr -rc ~/Desktop/xite
  1. Place your cursor in the Terminal window by clicking in it. Right click and select Paste (or press COMMAND + V). You should see the above text in the terminal window
  2. Press ENTER
  3. Close the Terminal Window.
  4. Open the xite folder on the Desktop
  5. DO NOT OPEN THE .ZIP FILE in it
  6. You can now copy the G4 Firmware .ZIP file from the xite folder on the desktop (COMMAND + A to select it then COMMAND + C to copy it)
  7. Paste the .ZIP file to the empty thumb drive. Right click on the Thumb drive and select Paste or open the drive icon and press COMMAND + V this should then show the file in the folder. Do not double click on the Firmware .ZIP file. It must not be opened.
  8. Double check that the USB stick has only the .ZIP file on it.
  9. Eject the drive by right clicking on its icon and selecting eject or highlight it and press COMMAND + E
  10. Once the USB Drive Icon is no longer on the desktop, remove the USB stick from the Mac and insert it directly into the front USB port of the XITE unit. Do not use extension cable connections.
  11. Select Media Center from the Main Menu
  12. Press Immediately on the popup window.
  13. Wait until the RADIO screen comes back on. The radio will go through several update screens first.
  14. Remove the USB stick.
  15. Insert back into the Mac.
  16. Delete all files on the USB stick (open the drive and press COMMAND + A then DELETE key)
  17. If available copy the .APK file from the link given onto the Blank USB.
  18. Eject the USB
  19. Place the USB into the front of the radio and select Media Center from the Main Menu
  20. Wait for the RADIO screen or return to normal operation screen then remove the USB Stick.

Thanks tons. I'll contact Spartan tomorrow. I don't want to head to the mountains this weekend and have a problem.
@ARD ... just got coach back from the local Cummins shop. Turns out I had a "bad turbocharger speed senser" and they replaced it, so all appears good again. The senser is located on the back side of the turbocharger (side towards the front of the coach) so they had to get to it from inside the coach by removing the floor panel in the back bath. Let me know what you find out on yours.

FLSteve :unsure:

I've been following this thread regarding the Xite firmware update. Does anyone know what the firmware update does?

Latest resources

Back