Freightliner
Engine
360 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, Blue Ox, Demco Air Force One
Fulltimer
No
Greetings--

I am looking at a 2018 Dutch Star 4369 with 37K on the odometer. The price is right but one big issue is the front passenger seat shows wear. My question is: Is there a coating one can apply that will match the seat color to renew and hide this wear? The driver seat is okay. Has anyone ever only had just the seat part reupholstered?

Thank you!

Laurent
Seat.JPEG

Absolutely you can have the seat redone, and there are people out there who can do a flawless job no We had our last coach completely reupholstered by an automotive/boat upholsterer who did a fabulous job. There’s lots of choices of fabrics. There is a known problem with the Newmar chair fabrics from about 2017 to 2020(??)

When we had our last coach done, they did all of the valances all of the seating areas and the other trims we paid for the material and I I think it was about $3700 in 2020

Absolutely you can have the seat redone, and there are people out there who can do a flawless job no We had our last coach completely reupholstered by an automotive/boat upholsterer who did a fabulous job. There’s lots of choices of fabrics. There is a known problem with the Newmar chair fabrics from about 2017 to 2020(??)

When we had our last coach done, they did all of the valances all of the seating areas and the other trims we paid for the material and I I think it was about $3700 in 2020
Great suggestion. Thanks Steve.

Be aware that all the Flexsteel furniture will eventually do this.

This company is an ex-employee of Flexsteel that has all the patterns and I understand does excellent work.

A lot of people have used these folks…. My seats are also starting to show wear and will be planning a trip to get them redone. But not at Newmar.

Bauer RV Upholstery
Ph 563.542.4902 email [email protected]
Bauer RV Upholstery

Be aware that all the Flexsteel furniture will eventually do this.

This company is an ex-employee of Flexsteel that has all the patterns and I understand does excellent work.

Thank you! I love this forum. Laurent

Thank you! I love this forum. Laurent
X3 on Bauer. They redid our entire 2017. If you get the numbers off the tag on the seat I believe Bauer can send you complete replacement covers that you or an upholsterer can use to redo the seat(s).

X3 on Bauer. They redid our entire 2017. If you get the numbers off the tag on the seat I believe Bauer can send you complete replacement covers that you or an upholsterer can use to redo the seat(s).
This advice just gets better and better. I saw a small blue tag under the seat. I assume that is what they need?

Attachments

• IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    921.5 KB · Views: 5
This advice just gets better and better. I saw a small blue tag under the seat. I assume that is what they need?
Call Bauer. They will tell you what # to look for.

I ordered kits from Bauer for the Captains chairs on my 2016 Dutch Star and re-covered the seats myself. I'm very happy with the quality of the kits and with the finished product. The seats look better than when new. The cost was about $1,700 for both chairs.

Latest resources

Back