• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Overhead Front Amber Clearance Lights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I agree about the bullet connectors, but I could not pull my wires out far enough to reach them…and I didn’t want to pull too hard and have the connectors let go and fall into the void…

I'm starting to dread changing them out.

I'm starting to dread changing them out.
LOL. I did too…I put it off for almost a year, but in the end, it was not that bad. You can use Wago wire clips…. Just tape the tabs closed.

LOL. I did too…I put it off for almost a year, but in the end, it was not that bad. You can use Wago wire clips…. Just tape the tabs closed.
It really is to bad that they don't use the guidelines for wires in a J-box(6").

It really is to bad that they don't use the guidelines for wires in a J-box(6").
Except it would be really hard to put a j box behind these lights…. I would be happy to have been able to reach the bullet jacks.

219375C0-2FCD-46D0-AC69-23FDE3551BE3.jpeg

You didn't get
Except it would be really hard to put a j box behind these lights…. I would be happy to have been able to reach the bullet jacks.

View attachment 23986
You didn't get what I was saying! I must clarify!

NEC specifies the wire must extend 6" out of the box.

Understanding that NEC has no requirements for J-boxs on low voltage wiring, and no boxes are required! However,the 6" requirements would be good practice when wiring the low voltage system. If Newmar adopted such a rule for their installers, life would be easier for customers, and techs alike!!!

I don't know,but it is My guess splices are used to connect the lights pigtail directly to the lighting run!!! Saves time,but a nightmare for troubleshooting,and replacement down the road.

Bingo! Kevin!
When I get up there to repair another one on my coach this weekend I will put a borescope in the hole and take a peak around - will record what I see. As Kevin said, I think they did a 2 wire mainline and just tapped off it as needed, making it just too tight. BTW on the rears, I gave up and replaced all last fall as another one would fail every 3± months

Bingo! Kevin!
When I get up there to repair another one on my coach this weekend I will put a borescope in the hole and take a peak around - will record what I see. As Kevin said, I think they did a 2 wire mainline and just tapped off it as needed, making it just too tight. BTW on the rears, I gave up and replaced all last fall as another one would fail every 3± months
Man, the quality of these things must have decreased marked ly over the last few years. My previous coach lost one marker light in 5 years. I have now replaced all ten on the current coach.

I put the two wire bullet plugs on the last two.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back