Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Freelander damaged at manufacturer......what to do?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wilde

RVF Newbee
Just told by dealer our new Coachmen Freelander is delayed because it was scratched by Coachmen. Dealer says Coachmen is waiting on parts; awning needs to be replaced and slide needs to be adjusted.....dealer stated doesn't know if slide issue is related to the minor incident. Do we wait for more info, photos, etc. .....or wait for another like it. It's a very specific layout and colors which are important to us.

Welcome to RVF, @Wilde; glad to have you here. And, sorry to hear about the issue with your new RV.

Things happen and I would be inclined to give the manufacturer/dealer the opportunity to make it right. That said, I would ask for some specifics on exactly what happened and how. If it really was just a "scratch" and a damaged awning, that shouldn't be a big deal. If, instead, the RV collided with a forklift, light pole, wall etc, I would want assurances that nothing else was damaged. You could ask for a letter from the manufacturer accepting responsibility for the damage and ensuring that anything even remotely connected to the incidentt would be fully covered for some significant time period.

It sounds like in the process of moving the RV around, it got too close to something. As I said earlier, that happens on occasion and as long as there is a good-faith effort to repair the damage and warranty the repairs, I would be inclined to give the manufacturer the opportunity to make it right.

If, at any time, you get the feeling that the manufacturer is not stepping up and doing the right thing, I would back away from the deal and evaluate my next move.

TJ

Yep, Jim nailed it, accidents happen. Make sure they're giving you the straight scoop on what happened and that they will stand behind future related issues.

Welcome to RVF, @Wilde; glad to have you here. And, sorry to hear about the issue with your new RV.

Things happen and I would be inclined to give the manufacturer/dealer the opportunity to make it right. That said, I would ask for some specifics on exactly what happened and how. If it really was just a "scratch" and a damaged awning, that shouldn't be a big deal. If, instead, the RV collided with a forklift, light pole, wall etc, I would want assurances that nothing else was damaged. You could ask for a letter from the manufacturer accepting responsibility for the damage and ensuring that anything even remotely connected to the incidentt would be fully covered for some significant time period.

It sounds like in the process of moving the RV around, it got too close to something. As I said earlier, that happens on occasion and as long as there is a good-faith effort to repair the damage and warranty the repairs, I would be inclined to give the manufacturer the opportunity to make it right.

If, at any time, you get the feeling that the manufacturer is not stepping up and doing the right thing, I would back away from the deal and evaluate my next move.

TJ
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Very helpful and will follow your advice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back