Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Full Wall Slide (Inside Vinyl Strip Gap)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FLSteve

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
@Jim @GlampDaddy ... what was the original issue with the slide that needed to be fixed that you are talking about in this post??

I kind of doubt that. Just heard from Newmar and the short version is the FWS was incorrectly "fixed" when the original owner took it to NIRV, and now Newmar will have to do the repair over.

The coach is leaving the dealership and heading to Newmar for an Oct 2nd appointment. I'm told to expect a 2-week repair, so we'll all have to drool over Steve and Lisa's new rig.

I am very disappointed, but it-is-what-it-is.
Jim, how did you learn about the repair being incorrect? I'm concerned because mine was done at NIRVC in Lawrenceville...most likely same as yours.

Buddy & Jeanette
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519

Did it have anything to do with the "width of the gap" under the vinyl strip when the slide was fully out? I am taking mine up to Nappanee when I leave Deer Springs to get my slide adjusted due to the gap being too wide at the back and the vinyl strip does not cover it enough. The slide seems to work just fine as to its operation. My appointment is for October 10th.

FLSteve :unsure:

Gap is too wide.jpg
Vinyl pushed down in gap 2.jpg

Last edited:
@Jim @GlampDaddy ... what was the original issue with the slide that needed to be fixed that you are talking about in this post??

Jim, how did you learn about the repair being incorrect? I'm concerned because mine was done at NIRVC in Lawrenceville...most likely same as yours.

Buddy & Jeanette
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire 4519

Did it have anything to do with the "width of the gap" under the vinyl strip when the slide was fully out? I am taking mine up to Nappanee when I leave Deer Springs to get my slide adjusted due to the gap being too wide at the back and the vinyl strip does not cover it enough. The slide seems to work just fine as to its operation. My appointment is for October 10th.

FLSteve :unsure:

View attachment 14636View attachment 14637
Steve, the original tell-tale was broken tiles on the FWS (we had 17 broken at the time of inspection), the result of the slide sagging at the center. 2016 and 2017 Newmars with the full wall slide were not properly supported and had to have a reinforcement kit installed to fix the problem. It's an extensive repair, typically taking about two weeks. I think your gap issue is something different, most likely an adjustment. Glad you're taking it to Newmar for the fix.

Steve, the original tell-tale was broken tiles on the FWS (we had 17 broken at the time of inspection), the result of the slide sagging at the center. 2016 and 2017 Newmars with the full wall slide were not properly supported and had to have a reinforcement kit installed to fix the problem. It's an extensive repair, typically taking about two weeks. I think your gap issue is something different, most likely an adjustment. Glad you're taking it to Newmar for the fix.
Yes ... mine sounds like just an adjustment is needed. All my tiles are fine.

FLSteve

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back