RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
44'
TOW/TOAD
JL Wrangler
So, on my first outing... The FWS extended and when it went to lower it made an awful bang sound. I swear it sounded like the chain jumped, or I got shot at LOL...

I must say, I do not feel we were on very level ground, but per Newmar recommendations, I deployed slides on Airbags only. Maybe we were just too unlevel ( felt more like uphill than actually bound up ) We were only there for a night.

Once we got to Fort Wilderness ( nice and level ) it seemed much better. But now have a little hollow knock sound right before the slide lowers. Just would like a little confirmation that I need not worry about this. I took a few pictures to show that it is even on all sides ( or at least close )...

All input is appreciated.

Hoping the attachments work...

Mike

Listening to the video I will say that doesn’t sound good. The reveals look normal and I wouldn’t have any hesitation with operating the slide except the noise. I know Newmar has mobile service tech in FLORIDA and think I would reach out to them, maybe they will send them out to look at FWS

Listening to the video I will say that doesn’t sound good. The reveals look normal and I wouldn’t have any hesitation with operating the slide except the noise. I know Newmar has mobile service tech in FLORIDA and think I would reach out to them, maybe they will send them out to look at FWS

we are back in Cincinnati. That was in my garage which is dead level.

I will call them tomorrow and see if they can sneak it into the plant earlier than the two month current wait time.

slide not right. Def gauge reading zero. Two recalls.

not the best first week of ownership.

Latest resources

Back