Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Not an actual infestation but we are starting to see several ants. Especially in the bathroom. It’s the small “piss ants”. No trail to follow. Don’t mind spraying with safe products but am very concerned about damaging wall paper etc.

I realize we are camping and bugs are expected but rather they stay outside.

What do you use?

We use the same stuff, but we don’t use it indoors.
Our typical travel has us staying at a campground for at least 2 weeks, usually a month. So we spray the ground around anything touching the ground, wheels, jacks, hoses, wires, etc.
Also place bait just inside any openings where hoses and wires come into the bays.
Inside, we work to keep every surface free of any food or sweetener. Some ants seem to be able to sense sweets from 3 miles away.

Sometimes ants mean moisture so look closely as you could have a leak.

I like Sevin dust. Just put some in a small foil tray where there is ant activity. Ants crawl through and carry some back to the nest, killing the nest.

I use Amdro (I buy it from Home Depot and a little jug of it lasts me a couple of years). A few grains (up to 6-8 grains) in the pathway is all it takes. For an ant bed, I use about 1/2 TSP or less. A pet would have to eat it by the pound to make them sick. We have really big ants in NM as well as the little tiny red ones that bite and leave welts on me. Two tiny doses is the max and they are gone. I use it at any campground or parking lot that I stay in. I drop a couple grains and that's it. Usually gone overnight. I have used it occasionally inside by placing a few of the grains in the pathway of the ants on a piece of paper or in a bottle cap. Usually a light localized sprinkle outside is all that is needed. The ants take it into the nest and they eat it them die. Then other ants eat the dead ants and THEY die and it keeps repeating. I have poisoned a red ant bed and the black ants came and raided the bed of all the dead adult and baby ants, then a day or so later, the black ant bed was dead too. Neat.

I've dealt with ants as well. . .

Raid Max Bait stations. There is nothing to spray. Not a treatment. Like the Cookie on the counter you might see a trail of ants over night. Once the food is carried back to the metropolis, it is like the plague. The whole city dies.
Get Raid Max at the local hardware store. Do not buy the Dollar General brand. You are wasting your money.

This is what I use 1 to 2 times a year. Inside as well as basements, gaskets to doors, etc.

Amazon product ASIN B01N7KSXHX
3X
In fact, saw some ants outside today on my water softener. So.. will do around the tires, hoses and 50 amp cord as a protectant. Going to be at our site for a month.

My son has used borox with success in his house.

Latest resources

Back