Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Anyone have a Good Sam membership? Or had one in the past? Did you primarily look for, and frequent parks that accepted the membership?

Jim,
Have had a "Good Sam" membership for about 4 years, for a couple of reasons.
1) When I bought the Coach, it came with a one year membership.
2) Had joined when I had previous coach to avail the savings available at Camping World.
It was only 10 miles from my home in Virginia.
3) Get five cents per gallon savings on "GAS" from Pilot/Flying J
And they sometimes send a "special", where I get an additional five cents or ten cents "off", during that month.
4) If an RV park we select has the "GS" discount, it is used. But do not select RV parks based on "GS" discount.

Hope this "info" is helpful.

See you on the 2nd.."Pretty Girl" is looking forward to it!;)

I used to, but let it go several years ago. I have never made CG decisions based on their ratings. Some more inexperienced might, but after staying at one of their highly rated CGs that turned out to be a dump, I don’t think their ratings mean anything.

GS ratings seemed to be skewed to the high side. I find campgroundreviews.com to be more reliable. I don’t shop atCW anymore. I only use it for the 5 cent discount at Flying J.

We have had it for 3 years.
It occasionally gives us a discount on a park, typically enough to offset the cost of Good Sam membership. When we used to full time in the RV we also found their insurance at that time to be the best bang for our buck.
A few times have purchased parts or supplies at a camping world and got the extra 10% off.
At this point, it is probably a wash in value. Not sure we will renew it next time it comes up.

In my opinion, save your money if you're considering being a Good Sam park. I take their ratings with a grain of salt unless of course, the salt is on a margarita glass. I decided several years ago the larger the ad a park buys for the magazine the better their rating is.

We have used GS for years Jabber Jaw summed it up well. One place
In Navarre Beech stopped GS discount. She said it was not worth it, the amount they pay to be a part of it I’m guessing. The park I think is under new ownership and a younger group running things. I think GS is working to pull in the younger crowd. I guess mostly the older group uses it. I book at GS some but is not all I look for. We are life members so no renewal for us.
The magazine they put out is Wild Sam these days not GS and is geared for a younger group. I get it we ain’t living forever.

the fees GS charge parks are hardly worth the expense Jim. Just offer a 10% discount if you are a member of "name your club" and you will save a ton of money!

Edit: AND BY ALL MEANS DO NOT JOIN UP WITH Passport America--PLEASE!!

I agree with every comment made above. It's not worth it whatsoever.

Latest resources

Back