Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
I'm pretty sure these tall single handle faucets are Moen. Developed a small slow leak up in the top somewhere. I'm guessing I need a new 0 ring up in there maybe?

Haven't investigated too far but I do know Newmar didn't put any shutoffs under the sink. Is there anywhere else to look? I sure don't recall any in the bottom storage areas. Anyone else rebuild one of these faucets? Could you do it by locating 0 rings locally or would you need some type of 0 ring repair kit from Moen? A new one of these faucets are around $400. Yikes!!!!!

Time to take a trip to a hardware big box store. They have kits for most all brands to rebuild. Yes I have done a lot of them.

You could give Newmar a call and get the faucet model number to start then to on to the internet or to your local hardware, Lowes or Home Depo. I would guess it's a standard size faucet O ring. I have removed the O ring and visited my local hardware store and matched the O ring to one in there supply for an older faucet.

Are you sure there aren't twist knobs for shutoff where the hot and cold lines connect? I changed my faucet in the half bath to a Moen. I highly doubt Newmar's is Moen or Delta, they use some really weird off brands. But you can easily find a replacement and it's very easy to change out. The only faucet I have not changed in my coach is the kitchen sink.

If it's a Moen faucet it has a lifetime warranty and Moen lives up to it well. All you need is the model number of the faucet; you can call the customer service number and they will send you whatever parts you need. I've done it a couple of times. An excellent company!

Thanks all. I can't see a brand name on it. I was guessing it was a Moen but maybe it isn't. Lucky for me, or maybe unlucky, the DW will be gone most of the day Monday so I'll take it out and at the very least install shut-offs. Usually an hour plumbing job takes me 6 hours and a minimum of 3 trips to a hardware store.

Agree with above that it's not a Moen. Being thrifty, I would take it apart to see what's at fault. Was able to match the o-ring on our shower for a cheap fix.

I think Newmar uses "Huntington Brass" at least in my coach.

I have replaced our 1/2 bath faucet with the same from Newmar when under warranty. They are some kind of cheap Chinese junk. They do have a replacement cartridge, but I insisted on the whole replacement.

Latest resources

Back