Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up playing in the mud, horse stalls, chicken coups and anything else I could get into on the farm. Grandma and Grandpa (who raised me) didn't subscribe to the idea of shooting unknown stuff into their bodies, so neither did I. The only shots I've ever had were a couple of flu shots which didn't stop me from getting the flu. So I think I'll wait this one out and see how many people grow an extra limb. I have a strong immune system and the idea of contracting covid doesn't really scare me that much.

I grew up playing in the mud, horse stalls, chicken coups and anything else I could get into on the farm. Grandma and Grandpa (who raised me) didn't subscribe to the idea of shooting unknown stuff into their bodies, so neither did I. The only shots I've ever had were a couple of flu shots which didn't stop me from getting the flu. So I think I'll wait this one out and see how many people grow an extra limb. I have a strong immune system and the idea of contracting covid doesn't really scare me that much.
With Jim here. I will add it is time to be informed by Googling covid-19 vaccine injuries to help everyone make informed choices. Should be able to find something if there is anything as so many have had the shot world wide.

We are in an area of FL that has not been affected too much by Covid. There was some 1b vaccinations last week due to excess first responder doses available. Other than the Miami area, infections are slowing and the Florida Covid mortality rates have steeply declined.

Recently the Covid positive tests did spike slightly with the arrival of snow birds.

Generally life goes on as normal with the exception of having to wear a Muzzle, AKA Mask, in some national establishments. Most everything is open.
Found out why there were extra 1st responder vaccine; my General Practitioner, MD, and many other medical professionals have refused the vaccine. My GP told me about 40% of the staff at the hospital refused to be vaccinated. In their defense, the staff all have PPE and know how to properly use the PPE.

Last edited:
My 90 yr old Mother, lives in a Retirement Center in California, and all those other independent residents aren't going to get theirs until late Feb.

I'm prelim due (if I decide to get it) later this summer here in Oregon.

Our grandson, who is a first-responder (police officer) is due for his second vaccine dose next week. He said he had a sure arm for a day or two after the first dose, but nothing else. Several of his fellow officers had no reaction at all.

LadyDi and I are in the 1B group here in Washington and it looks like we may get our first dose by the end of the month or in early February. I think each state has some scheduling flexibility within the CDC guidelines.

TJ
We have appointments next week to get our first shot! I so hope we can actually get them! It is a crazy situation since apparently there are no federal reserves, as promised? Judy D

Mississippi is moving right along give vaccinations. We got our 1st vaccination this week. This week was the start to vaccinate 65+. Listening to the news tonight they said southern states are behind in vaccinations. I'm not sure where they get their information but we are past the doctors/nurses, 1st responders/nursing home and into the general population. Our governor started using the National Guard out the gate to get vaccinations going.

For those interested in the various treatments understudy for Covid

Well, we have scheduled my Mother in Law, wife and I for the Vaccine at Publix for tomorrow here in FL. A relatively easy process after a bit of a wait online. Still not convinced this is a good idea for us but will go with the flow on this one.

We got on the schedule so they are suppose to call us in about 2 weeks for the first shot (Florida - Polk County). When Florida first starting giving the shots just about anyone 65 and over could get one easily. Now it seems you need to be at least a regular snow bird in Florida. The health department person told us that there was a huge issue with folks flying and driving down for a day or two just for the shot and then going back north.

We are Florida residents but they still ask a ton of questions and we will need to bring documentation with us.

My state is way behind. I don’t understand why as it’s not like we didn’t know it was coming. At any rate, I have two friends in Md in the healthcare field that have received theirs. One just had their first shot and the other has now had two. The one who just received their second one had mild reactions, but that appears to be the pattern.

Here in VA, I’m in what is labeled group 1C, and they are still working on 1A. My wife (whom I am more concerned about) isn’t even in group 1 and will not likely be eligible until spring or summer. Oy.

I haven’t seen anyone say they’ve had it yet, and that is why I’m asking out of sheer curiosity. I’m interested in hearing your experiences.

Please don’t turn this into a political pissing contest discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back