• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Has it begun?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If I had to guess, I'd say it's like everything else we buy. For example, I had never owned a Class A before and after owning a 35' gasser for awhile, I realized the floorplan was wrong and the V10 was not adequate for my needs. I replace it with a 40' diesel pusher with compression break (I think that's what it's called), 4 slideouts and a larger floor plan.

I'm only into my 3rd year of RV-ing and realize the last DP wasn't what I was looking for either. :)
You did not follow the old adage. “Buy the third one first”. Neither did I. On number 3 now. Financially, this better be it.😂😎

I am definitely on my last one. The DW has made it clear the bucket list has run dry.

I am definitely on my last one. The DW has made it clear the bucket list has run dry.
Yeah buddy, you jumped into that bucket lock, stock and barrel. lol

We might be able to find camping spots a little easier once the corona campers get thinned out a little.
I think there is a certain percentage of the population that just blindly follows fads. Going into debt for thousands of dollars for a vehicle you don't really want isn't the dumbest fad I've heard of. An in-law of our family did exactly that. Bought one because the rest of the family seemed to have campers and they wanted to fit in. (I guess.) They literally don't want it and camping of any kind isn't their thing at all. But there it sits. I'm in agreement that a lot of the lightweights will be clearing out with rising fuel prices

What's the difference in two weeks (ago, from today)? About $50K

I’m enroute back home to VA. Sticking my fingers in my ears, doing the La-La-La thing every time I fuel up.

I’m enroute back home to VA. Sticking my fingers in my ears, doing the La-La-La thing every time I fuel up.
Do you put it in neutral going downhill too?

You guys are lucky. The further north you go the higher the price. $3.85- 3.89 until one gets to NYS, then $4.40 for regular gas.

Nothing cheap in CA. Even out on I 10 heading to AZ.

1648411177127.png

Here
I bought for a totally different reason. I hate hotels. $100.00 + a night to sleep in a bed is crazy. And then 3 times that a day to kennel my pets. So I set a limit I would spend and started looking. That limit wasn’t much really. $20,000.00 After about 6 months my 2000 Dutch Star popped up for $18,000.00. And it is in pretty good shape. Now we can go 500 miles stay a week and take our pets. Use it to go to the lake on weekends, races,etc.
Upgrade as much as I want and not be hurt by the market. And the short trips won’t effect me that much on fuel cost, all things considered.
I think thats where a lot of us pre-covid avid RVrs are on this. And I’ll add to your list food. I like to cook, I like to choose my own ingredients for quality and healthfulness, and I like to be the only one handling my food. I also like to choose my company. And I do ok in the kitchen so there isnt much restaurants have to offer and they come with a lot of negatives for me including price.

I make an exception occasionally for pizza. Cooked at 500* and untouched by human hands as it slides into the box, and then you take it where you want. But for the most part, my own food while traveling is as important as my own bed and bedding and the ability to travel easily with my dogs and enjoying travel-autonomy in general.

I can live with the increased fuel cost and Im a city-county-state park and boondock camper so the increases in RV park costs dont affect me much if at all. I also bought my current rig before the price spike so it will be a while before I’ll even be back to a break even point if I decide to sell. And I’m really quite satisfied with it.

So given all that, and Im sure this has all been said before, I’m untouched by the current situation and was likewise not affected at any stage along the way aside from some somewhat neurotic “sterile technique” fueling habits for a year or so. But Im over that too. And the net effect? Even traveling all I want whenever I want and the way I want, I havent even had a cold since 2019! So for me, and I think most of us here, I say keep on Rv’n!

Latest resources

Back