Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I think we are starting to see the RV market begin its flood of sales and lots to see higher pre-owned volume. Seeing a lot of coaches hitting the market of late, much higher rate than normal. Wish there were some stats, maybe there are, but I think it's begun.

I think we are starting to see the RV market begin its flood of sales and lots to see higher pre-owned volume. Seeing a lot of coaches hitting the market of late, much higher rate than normal. Wish there were some stats, maybe there are, but I think it's begun.
Spurred on by the fear of $8 diesel.

Good. Too many people in Florida this winter.

I'm on a FB page called, Newmar Motorhomes for Sale. Somebody just listed a 2019 Essex, MSRP was $828,269 Price is $550,000. Link for anyone who has a FB account.

1647028693719.png

Headed that way. Coachella, CA Loves Truck Stop
  • $4.189 DEF
  • $6.549 DIESEL B20
Fill up on 200 gals =$1309 before Fuel Card discount. Ouch.

Drifting a little off topic, seafood is about to become too expensive to purchase due to the fuel prices for the boats. Many can't make it. Some of the charter fishing boats have stopped going out too. Read that this morning.
China's floating fish factories will soon have a monopoly on this too

ALL when we are sitting right on top (literally in my case 😉) of large oil reserves. I know it's political (Neal) but hey, it affects the RV community. It's approaching the "Dollar per mile" mark and if and when it does, people will stay put. Right now it costs me $.81 per mile...but even at that rate we are re-considering our travel plans for this summer. Charter fishing captains will simply raise rates to cover fuel, but commercially caught fish will certainly cost more. Inflation is all around us...and in my humble opinion it's no accident. And oh yeah...lots of RV sales popping up...the price point is still high, but soon that will decline like a lead balloon. Blessings

Just a casual observation and not sure it’s relevant. Little trailers are hard to find on new or used lots here. Bigger trailers seem more plentiful. We are a little tuned in to the subject as I have been trying to find one similar to ours for a friend of a friend. Anything towable by an SUV is hard to find. And if you find it you better make a deal or it’s gone.

Jmho.

Safe travels all.

Just past a General RV. Looked like they were stocked to the hilt. Hmmmm!

Latest resources

Back