• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help Dead Battery!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Newmar will take care of the repair and send a mobile tech if needed. You won't have to do anything. You paid for this "1 year warranty" - let Newmar provide the service.
If you pickup another fuse, it’s easy. First, Disconnect the positive lead that connects to this 300A fuse AT THE BATTERY first and move to a secure position. Then remove other end at fuse, then the fuse itself. If blown, it will turn to powder pretty easily, will be very brittle. Put the replacement fuse in, reconnect the battery end of the positive side LAST.

Then go to your inverter control panel MC-RC50 and turn the inverter on and off to clear the error and you should be good.

At least this is how I recall doing it. MY
MEMORY MAY BE FAULTY! Ask my wife.

I hope you solve it tomorrow- I know how stressful it can be- sorry for your troubles!

I probably need to pack a spare fuse in my spares kit. If anyone has a link to one please share.
I just bought one here...

Be really careful as there are a lot of "JLLN 300A" fuses listed on eBay and various other sites that are really 400A. Look for "JLLN 300A" stamped on the fuse body.

TJ

Be really careful as there are a lot of "JLLN 300A" fuses listed on eBay and various other sites that are really 400A. Look for "JLLN 300A" stamped on the fuse body.
TJ
@TJ&LadyDi ... thanks for the heads up. After reading all this, I decided to go check the spare fuse I bought several years ago and sure enough it is a 400A rating. Guess I need to order a new one the proper size.

FLSteve

Be shocked if it was he 300 amp fuse. I have blown that. I would be on the phone with magnum, they are on the west coast. They will take you through all the steps

C79FB896-91C6-44D8-81F2-BF14DA5B800A.jpeg

I've read through all the posts a couple of times and I'm a little confused. The first post says "We stepped out for the day and came back to dead chassis batteries." To clarify, it's the House Batteries you meant, NOT the chassis battery, correct?

And later in the thread, it appeared the batteries were shot because they were only reading 6.4 volts, but it was later determined that they were 6 volt batteries, so they are actually fully charged?

May I ask if any of the 12 volt lighting in the coach is working? Or is it only the 110 side of things that is not functioning?

So, more going on here. Ran a ran a voltage test across the 300 amp fuse and got back 12.6 V

I've read through all the posts a couple of times and I'm a little confused. The first post says "We stepped out for the day and came back to dead chassis batteries." To clarify, it's the House Batteries you meant, NOT the chassis battery, correct?

And later in the thread, it appeared the batteries were shot because they were only reading 6.4 volts, but it was later determined that they were 6 volt batteries, so they are actually fully charged?

May I ask if any of the 12 volt lighting in the coach is working? Or is it only the 110 side of things that is not functioning?
You are correct I made a couple of mistakes I should go back and edit them. To be clear we’re talking about the house batteries the chassis batteries are fine. The lights in the house all work but nothing from the 110 side does. To make matters a little more confusing turning on the generator changes nothing nor does Starting the coach

I called Newmar this morning they are sending a tech. It looks like it might be the inverter

Latest resources

Back