Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kubo2021

RVF Newbee
So, I attempted to clean the AC coils on my trailer today and I may have made a boo-boo during the process. Any guidance from the community is appreciated.

After removing the main shroud to the A/C unit on the roof, I was able to clean the condenser coils just fine. However, when I went to clean the evaporator coils, I had to remove another piece of covering that was fitted over the evap coils, along with a bunch of wiring that I didn't realize was there. During the process of unscrewing the secondary cover and lifting it off the evaporator coil, I think I may have accidentally pulled the red wire out from one of the plugs on the control box — problem is, I don't know if that wire did or did not pop off a prong as the cover was so tight to pull off and once it did come off, it happened suddenly and I feel like in that process I accidentally pulled the wire at the same time.

I'm hoping someone much smarter than me can help me figure out if the red wire is meant to be plugged in and which specific plug/prong it should be assigned to (photos attached). I tried looking for a wiring diagram online but couldn't find anything that made any remote sense to me.

I am no electrician, and I've never dealt with my A/C unit in this way as this was the first time I was cleaning my coils since I purchased the TT back in 2021. I'd love to not blow up the A/C unit, or worse, the entire electrical system of the TT before my trip that starts in 2 days.

Help, please

FYI - I own a 2021 Rockwood Ultralite TT, fitted with a Coleman Mach 15 A/C unit (Model #48204-669).

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpg
    IMG_1646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    911 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg