Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How important is Tapatalk to you?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super easy on this site, tap the Bell icon on the toolbar (Alerts) or the "New Posts" button when viewing the mobile view.

Tapatalk has its conveniences for sure but a properly done web site surpasses it in functionality. They could not get the integration right on this newer site sadly but in the end sometimes changes is for the better. Just like when something breaks in my RV I know I'm going to make it better in the end.

Tapatalk has been removed, please see:

@Neal … thanks for the instructions. I just made the change on my phone.

FLSteve

Hate that tapatalk is gone. Since I still work fulltime, Tapatalk made it easy to glance at what was new and to easily reply. Guess I’ll be contributing less now.

I also noticed all of my saved bookmarks are gone since i can’t even go into Tapatalk to at least grab some screenshots to see what topics I had previously saved.

why a sudden change to functionality without at least a 30 day notice? Gotta say, this sucks.

Since I don't even know what "tapatalk" is, I guess I'll not miss it. However, not having those irritating advertisement style signatures "sent by bla-bla-bla", I'll never miss those.

I never had any advertisements. Since i’ve been a long time user, I guess was grandfathered in for no adverts. The other option for users was a one time fee of 4.99 that got rid of all advertisements for life. So, there was an option to not see those one liners that you mentioned.

my biggest gripe is no notice for this Change.

@jmltech I'm very sorry but there are more reasons that this had to be removed ASAP than discussed which I addressed some of in my new post I hope you will read:

I also added to this post on how to save any web site to your home screen:

I was a beta tester with tapatalk so I too had no ads and enjoyed its simplicity too, I get it, but what I learned was troubling from security issues, data harvesting, and google blocking sites with tapatalk from their paid advertising. The mobile view is far more robust as discussed in the links above, I hope you will find the move away from tapatalk is for the better. I had originally announced this for a May 1st change and based on feedback I knew the time to do this was now, not wait.

I hope you and any others not happy about this will see that this is actually not as bad as you think and enjoy contributing even more now with the full capabilities of this very cool forum'ware that is hidden by the limited functionality of tapatalk.

always great to see improvements. For what it’s worth, if it were ever brought back for any reason I wouldn’t care either. That banner was always a minuscule inconvenience for me.

What was odd is they make site owners pay to remove that banner now from what I saw where in the past it was an option in the site settings area. When I researched tapatalk to use or not prior to removing it was amazing the information I learned, it was time to end it. This forum'ware is amazing and it's in active development, not legacy and outdated. The add-on market is huge, I'm adding some more today, you'll see "Bookmark" in the bottom of a message post now which I just added.

I like the idea of bookmark feature for future reference.

So, where do the "bookmarks" show up? Where do I find them after I bookmark something?

NEVER MIND...I found it in my account section.

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back