• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How many RV's have you owned?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My Ventana is my third RV. I started with a 5th wheel. I was a single mom with a small son and my parents had a class C Lazy Daze. Traveled a lot with them while my son was young and had a wonderful time. I later got married and we traded the 5th wheel in on a travel trailer so we could put dirt bikes/quads in the truck bed. Later got single again and he got custody of the truck and young son turned into a teenage turd. Travel trailer sat in barn for quite a few years until I eventually sold it.

Fast forward a few more years and I was about ready to retire and looking into another RV. I initially was going to order a 30' Lazy Daze. I had gone to numerous Lazy Daze get-together outings with my mom and had become friends with many people and wanted to stay with this community. Lazy Daze are probably the best made Class C RV as far a safety, build quality and resale value (per owners and the non-profit RV owners group [rv.org]). The only issue with the LD is they will not put slides in their rigs (I've always had slide-outs) and the 30' is pretty much overloaded when delivered. Several of my LD friends were selling their RV's and buying Newmar's. I knew they knew what quality was and they all insisted on well made rigs. So, after seeing a couple at the LD gatherings, that is the way I went and ordered my Ventana for pick-up a couple months after retirement. My gift to myself. And our LD groups are now Lazy Daze and Friends...

My Ventana is my perfect rig for me, ordered it the way I wanted. Didn't get a couple things on it that in hind sight I wish I had, maybe will add them someday, maybe not. I see no other RV in my future because whenever I look at all the new ones, while gorgeous, I just love mine more.

Late 90's Sunnybrook 5th Wheel
Early 2000's - Arctic Fox TT
2018 Newmar Ventana 3436

DW and I camped in a tent 3 or 4 times in our 30 plus years together.
Then Oklahoma decided to build a new turnpike through our livingroom.
DW thought it would be a good idea to get our first RV of any kind. After all, Oklahoma threw us out of our house, so we left. We are now residents of Texas.
After 6 months of research, we decided on a DS 4369.
First year was a nightmare and we questioned our decision. Going on 5 years now and it has done nothing but improved.
Glad I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and learned not to trust the mechanics at the dealership.
No Regrets.

This is our first. We tent camped for a long time.

We’ve had 3 bumper pulls (15‘ used, 26’ used, 30’ new). 2 5th wheels ( 36‘ new, 30’ used). And now own a Class A gasser ( 32’ used).

A lot of fun going down the road....

1 truck camper, 2 bumper pulls, 1 5er, now a 35 Newmar class A gasser.

American Tradition bought new in 2000 sold in 2021
Newmar King Aire 2014
Love them both but when you move from technology of 2000 to 2014 it's a lot to take in!

OK, here is my little list. Spans a year or two.

1969 TENTS with self erect pole & stake system ( father taught me how to use this hi tech system I was 11 years old and deemed old enough to go hunting and camping with my older brothers.)
1998 Time Out motor cycle camper ( Loved it and could go anywhere even move it around by hand)
2005 Fleetwood High Wall popup ( Our St Bernard's required more room )
2007 Gulf Stream 28RLS Emerald Bay ( really well built travel trailer )
2015 CampLite 16TBS (wanted to try small and light weight)
2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK ( fit and trim not good and roof was poorly done also )
2021 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite ( so far it seems like these Rockwood Ultras 5'ers are really well made and the user group folks are really happy with them) Rockwood / Flagstaff have a hidden gem on these units) Time will tell for me.
All campers +.jpg

We're on our first.

Growing up my parents had a 70s tent trailer we got third hand from my mom's sister (believe it was originally their parents') and then a 1983 Vanguard. In between, we stayed in my grandparents' Dodge motorhome.

My wife's parents had a Clipper tent trailer when she was growing up and now they have a 2015 Forest River 2109S.

We have owned 11 overall but we currently own three. Our 1994 Airstream is being used by my granddaughter, our 2005 Winnebago Aspect 29H is being used by my son, and we have a 2017 Ventana LE.

Latest resources

Back