Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How often are you changing your RV water filter?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
2E0ED31F-5037-4BC8-A134-D4261293A98A.jpeg

Filter setup from Rv water filter store.

It depends on where I’m traveling. This past trip through the Midwest and Wyoming taught me that. It will be a monthly affair when we head that way again.

It depends on where I’m traveling. This past trip through the Midwest and Wyoming taught me that. It will be a monthly affair when we head that way again.
I have stayed places.that require a weekly change of my primary sediment filter. The secondary and carbon filters are 1 - 6 months based on psi. Once PSI deviates more than 5 psi from input to output I change that filter. I have gauges in front and behind each filter to monitor its performance.

Once a month in Florida for the filter I put on the campground faucet before the water softener and also the Monaco house filter.
The well water actually comes out of the hose bibb orange colored.

Our experience was that Florida and southern Texas was a once a month (or more frequently) whereas other areas we can go 3+ months between changes. The worst so far in our travels was Brownsville Texas.

Oh, I'll also be double filtering and using one of those blue things at the spigot. I have a dual filter setup in the wet bay with sediment and carbon filters.

My dual filter system I use:

Can you share a picture? This fits in your wet bay? I really want to move to bigger canisters so I could get more flow, but they are two deep, but side by side might fit.

It's just two side by side as shown in the Amazon picture for the product. Put it where the single was from Newmar's install. Buy it, see if it will work, if not then return it.

3-4 months or when water begins to smell bad, when in the coach full time. I I just do 3-4 one month trios and store it for the winter, I may go the entire season on the house 0.2 micron filter and the Clearsource carbon and .2 micron filter, and change the external blue filter at the spigot once.

I use the Blu Tech system and they recommend changing filters every 3 to 4 months. They also recommend to remove the filters from the system and let them dry and put them in plastic bags when not using filter. They even have a filter system that has a pump that you can drop a hose into a river or lake and pump water to your RV for off grid water.

3-4 months or when water begins to smell bad, when in the coach full time. I I just do 3-4 one month trios and store it for the winter, I may go the entire season on the house 0.2 micron filter and the Clearsource carbon and .2 micron filter, and change the external blue filter at the spigot once.
How do you like Clearsource? They claim 4+ GPM, but with a standard size filter and a .2 micron absolute, which doesn't seem possible. The reviews on Amazon on nearly 5 star across the board.

Latest resources

Back