Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LBrane

RVF Newbee
Wannabe full timer here. No unit yet, no toad yet. But they are picked out. Current/pending events will dictate when I can spend more than a dollar. Enough about me :D I figured it's a good idea to join the forums and learn what I can from those with experience. If the gods are on my side I expect to be hitting the road by the end of summer. With time in for a few work up runs.
This is my 'dream'. Minnie Winnie 25B dragging a ford ranger around the countryside. Expect to winter over somewhere warm.
I will be a single. Mostly hanging around places I can fly fish. Inflatable kayak will replace the hard bodies I have. Ranger will have 6' bed (supercab).
I imagine a 2021 or newer 25B. I like the weight capacity and towing ability on the 450.
Has anyone towed a newer Ranger? Which setup would you recommend? tow/break unit
I'm not too keen on the group 24 la batteries/1000W inverter setup. Was thinking of solar panels on top - still waiting to hear back from Winnebago Ind on their recommendation for solar on roof. They did send me a scale drawing of the roof which is a good sign that they're a good company. I'm thinking around 400ah LiFePO4 - overkill? - and enough solar to maintain it. And at least a 3000W inverter. I hope to avoid having to use shore power except for long term winter parking.

Welp, that's my story. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Latest resources

Back