RV Model
Greyhawk MV
RV Length
32’ 6”
TOW/TOAD
21 Trailblazer RS
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m so glad I discovered this forum. I am in the planning stage of going full time. I have already started selling, giving away and throwing away my stuff. I’ve come to the conclusion about 6 months ago that life is just too short to waste my time collecting a bunch of Stuff that “You can’t take with you” when you die. I’m not religious but i figured that if my conciousness survives the death of my body the only thing that we might be able to take with us is memories. I’m 57 years old and a retired Air Force guy. Never married and no kiddies. I’ve lived in 7 foreign countries and visited well over a hundred. I love to travel. I love meeting new people from new places, trying the food and playing tourist. So from now on I only collect memories and photographs. I have already decided to get a good sized C class and haul a toad four down. I’m holding off on hitting the RV dealers until next summer. I have three houses to sell, my condo and two rentals that have been making me a few bucks. I will be attending RV technician school down in Athens TX at the NRVTA. I’m taking all the classes that they offer and will leave there as a certified RV Tech and inspector and will be fixing and maintaining RVs while traveling around North America. I’ve already been hitting Amazon up pretty hard for most of the accessories and tools that I will need. I know this was a bit long winded, but thanks for your patience. I will be checking this forum regularly for any and all useful info to take my plan and make it happen. I appreciate any help I can get. Happy motoring and remember to keep the rubber side down.

Welcome to RVF! Hope you enjoy the group!
Best of luck on your search for the perfect RV for your needs!

Welcome aboard @Don Baker; glad to have you here with us. Thanks for your service! Quite a few vets on this forum. Interesting that you will be getting certified as an RV tech. I hope that we meet somewhere down the line, but in a purely social setting. ;)

Since you will be full-timing, don't write off the diesel Class A coaches. They can be pretty comfortable to live in full time.

TJ

Welcome @Don Baker, glad you figured out the way of life as I too am former Air Force and RVing is a dream come true. Living a minimalistic lifestyle seeing the sites and meeting great people such as our friends here cannot be beat. Make it happen and see you at a campground in our future travels.

Welcome!

Welcome, Don!

Welcome @Don Baker. Fellow retired Air Force guy here. Glad to see you on board.

Welcome @Don Baker ! I like the idea of the RV Tech, you'll never want for work.

Welcome @Don Baker, glad you figured out the way of life as I too am former Air Force and RVing is a dream come true. Living a minimalistic lifestyle seeing the sites and meeting great people such as our friends here cannot be beat. Make it happen and see you at a campground in our future travels.
Hi guys, I’ve got a question about the forum. I was looking in classifieds and a guy named RandyB is selling a Blue Ox tow bar. I would really like to buy but can’t figure out how to contact him. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@Don Baker Conversation started. Private message

FYI...there’s a big green button to “contact user” at the top of the ad. Also I think you could press the “join discussion” button on the classified ad to chat with the poster.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back