Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, I hear these are the craze so I got one. A smaller 3qt one for the coach. A larger one for the house (S&B). I have no clue how to cook but this makes killer hardboiled eggs :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777XZBMZ/?tag=rvf01-20

Who are the instant pot peeps here and what do you cook in yours? While RVing of course. Or are you still using a slow cooker (crockpot)?

instant-pot.png

I have the small one, too...I grew up with my mom and grandma using pressure cookers for lots of cooking, so it wasn’t hard to learn to use, my personal favorite is beef tips, which I serve over rice or noodles depending on my mood. I do not care for rice cooked in the instant pot, but I suppose it’s just a personal preference. I get better results cooking it on the stovetop, or a small rice cooker.

We have one in the S&B and one in the coach and cook all kinds of things in it. Rice, potatoes, roasts, goulash, chili. It makes for a fairly quick dinner and relatively easy cleanup. Oh and definitely hard boiled eggs.

I purchased instant pot while in Colorado last year. I was cooked quite nicely

ROFL

Same as @Neal, we have a small one in the coach and a large one at the S&B. They do make great hard boiled eggs, but I don't think they work well for Pop Tarts. :rolleyes: Sorry; couldn't resist.

LadyDi has made some killer pulled pork in ours and it really speeds up the cooking time. We haven't tried it yet, but a friend says it makes great ribs that you can finish on the grill or in the smoker. Again, cook time is greatly reduced.

LadyDi says there's an Instant Pot group on Facebook that has lots of good info.

TJ

Soft chicken tacos. Who doesn’t like tacos? Also great turkey chili. Great for “Arizonaska”. ?

LadyDi says there's an Instant Pot group on Facebook that has lots of good info.

Yep, lot's of stuff on YouTube as well. Of course none of which I've done beyond HB eggs so far. Maybe one day I'll cook up something with more than 2 ingredients!

Same as @Neal, we have a small one in the coach and a large one at the S&B. They do make great hard boiled eggs, but I don't think they work well for Pop Tarts. :rolleyes: Sorry; couldn't resist.

LadyDi has made some killer pulled pork in ours and it really speeds up the cooking time. We haven't tried it yet, but a friend says it makes great ribs that you can finish on the grill or in the smoker. Again, cook time is greatly reduced.

TJ

Forgot about ribs and pulled pork. We also use the pulled pork for tacos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, my wife's mom bought her one for Christmas.

Attachments

• 1577044825929.jpeg
    1577044825929.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 34

Latest resources

Back