• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

YazzaWants2RV

RVF Newbee
Hello everybody!

I'm looking to purchase a 2016 Winnebago Vista 27N and am looking for any advice

I have older parents, and am purchasing the RV to take them on short trips of a day or two to start with, and if they are able to do more, want to make extended trips. No plans of rv'ing full time yet, that may happen in the future.

I am going tomorrow to check the rv out, can anyone here advice me on what I should be looking for? I had done some research back in 2018, but life got in the way and I didn't purchase then. So my research is light and due to COVID-19 the inventory is so light. This *seems* to be a good rv, I want to do an honest viewing and try and decide soon if it's worth a buy.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Are there any owners of 2016 Winnebago Vista 27n who can provide me their views on their motorhome?

Thank you kindly!

Welcome to RVF, @YazzaWants2RV; glad to have you join us here.

What should you be looking for when you check out the Vista 27N? Well, I think there are two important things to look for; (1) the coach floor plan and whether it will meet your needs, and (2) an independent, RVIA-certified RV inspector.

The first item will help you decide whether this particular coach will meet your needs. If it will, great! If not, you can move on.

The second item will get you a comprehensive inspection report that will identify any problem areas that might affect both your decision on whether of not to move forward and what price to pay. Now, you will have to pay for the inspection (probably $300-$500) but it could save you thousands of dollars and many headaches. And, it will provide you with peace-of-mind that the coach is sound should you decide to purchase it.

Don't let the seller (whether a dealer or private party) steer you to their choice of an inspector. You want an independent inspection from someone unrelated to the seller and who is qualified to identify any and all problems, whether chassis-related issues, appliance functionality, etc. Anything less is not worth the price of the paper the inspection report is written on!

Good luck on your search.

TJ

Thanks for the reply TJ! This is pure gold! I didn't even know RV Inspectors existed, much less certified ones! I'll look up some in my area. Thanks again!

The floor plan is acceptable, I'm not sure if the loft bed over the driver's seat can hold the wife and me. We are close to 380 lbs together. I'll check and see what it is rated for. It has a queen bed in the back, should be good for my parents.

The shower has a curved door that makes it fairly roomy, I think that should work too!

Are their any technical specs that I should be looking for?

Many thanks again!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back