Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Clark County Las Vegas shooting complex
Will be here for 2 weeks.
This place is huge. 80 full service 50A RV spots @ $25 a day. Hundreds of shooting lanes for every kind of shooting. At night, you can see the whole Las Vegas below you.
No WiFi . Very well maintained and nice people.
At the moment, the RV spots are only about 25-30% occupied. Not much shooting going on due to shortage of ammunition.
Stopped yesterday at the near by gun store. I was shocked. Looked like it was raided by well behaved looters. The walls were bear of firearms, and the shelves were empty of ammunition. The guy behind the counter said they can not get any guns or ammo? America short on ammo and firearms?
Maybe after the election will get better?

That’s a great place shoot all clay target disciplines when the wind isn’t blowing. The zone 7 skeet championships will be there in November.

That’s a great place shoot all clay target disciplines when the wind isn’t blowing. The zone 7 skeet championships will be there in November.
We were here for 2 weeks last September. I'm planning of burning some amo trying to break some clays (I'm not too good at it . Left dominant eye and right handed))

Same as me left eye dominant right handed. I consider myself sort of an expert on this given the years i struggled with it.

You want to put a small piece of scotch tape on your left lens directly in front of the pupil. It’s a very small piece Best to have someone place it on your glasses while you have the gun mounted and double check that it’s not loaded. The goal is to not let the left eye dominate seeing the target and you are leading the target with your right eye.

You can also experiment with closing your eye prior to calling for the target or inflight. but I find that harder if you don’t like the tape.

Gun mount and fit are also critical in clays.

@TJ&LadyDi. Anything to add or suggest?

Same as me left eye dominant right handed. I consider myself sort of an expert on this given the years i struggled with it.

You want to put a small piece of scotch tape on your left lens directly in front of the pupil. It’s a very small piece Best to have someone place it on your glasses while you have the gun mounted and double check that it’s not loaded. The goal is to not let the left eye dominate seeing the target and you are leading the target with your right eye.

You can also experiment with closing your eye prior to calling for the target or inflight. but I find that harder if you don’t like the tape.

Gun mount and fit are also critical in clays.

@TJ&LadyDi. Anything to add or suggest?
Pretty much right on target, @sheridany.

Interesting discussion because I also shoot with a dot on my shooting glasses. My eye issue is just slightly different, however; I am blessed with non-dominance/shifting dominance. I shoot right-handed, but my eyes periodically shift dominance unless I have a dot on the left lens to ensure that my left eye doesn't suddenly take over. I prefer a black dot, though semi-transparent Scotch tape will work.

@Buly, the size and placement of the dot is critical. I learned how from a couple of great shooters; John Shima and Paul Giambrone. The dot needs to just cover the end of the gun barrel when the gun is properly mounted. That keeps the blocked eye from going to the end of the barrel and taking control. If you are interested in trying this approach, message me and I'll provide my procedure for placing the dot. I'm sure @sheridany would be willing to do the same.

Enjoy Las Vegas.

TJ

Pretty much right on target, @sheridany.

Interesting discussion because I also shoot with a dot on my shooting glasses. My eye issue is just slightly different, however; I am blessed with non-dominance/shifting dominance. I shoot right-handed, but my eyes periodically shift dominance unless I have a dot on the left lens to ensure that my left eye doesn't suddenly take over. I prefer a black dot, though semi-transparent Scotch tape will work.

@Buly, the size and placement of the dot is critical. I learned how from a couple of great shooters; John Shima and Paul Giambrone. The dot needs to just cover the end of the gun barrel when the gun is properly mounted. That keeps the blocked eye from going to the end of the barrel and taking control. If you are interested in trying this approach, message me and I'll provide my procedure for placing the dot. I'm sure @sheridany would be willing to do the same.

Enjoy Las Vegas.

TJ
TJ, please do. Please email me at [email protected], so we don't clutter the forum. Thanks.

Buly close your eye. Will be easer than dot. You have to watch not to devlope a flinch not a real one but your brain will try to get around the dot.

Buly close your eye. Will be easer than dot. You have to watch not to devlope a flinch not a real one but your brain will try to get around the dot.
Thanks. I will try it.

Many of the top aaa shooters are 1 eye shooters.

Yes, closing one eye will work, but it seriously limits your peripheral vision on the closed-eye side and degrades your overall depth perception. It is a convenient work-around to determine whether a patch would help.

TJ

Latest resources

Back