• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Local RV MegaWash in Richmond VA

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If this works, maybe I’ll consider building one in FL. I think it would make a killing.

So we did this. Paid for the $84 package - no brushes. Magellan was very, very dirty as we’d not washed her since being in FL back in March.

The folks there were very friendly. They do a manual pre-rinse with a pressure washer to get all of the gunk out from between your side topper cases and the body, as well as to remove the bugs from the front. They also give it a quick scrub with soft bristled brushes while it is wet to loosen any caked on stuff. Then they line you up right in front of the gantry and turn it on.

The nice lady running the gantry stayed with it the entire time, closely watching it go across coach the entire time to make sure if anything happened that wasn’t supposed to, she was there to stop the machine before anything go out of hand. Yes - she was inside walking beside this gigantic pressure washer hosing down my RV. She stayed remarkably dry.

Afterwards we pulled out, and in doing so all of the crud that had been loosened from the roof came washing down the side (no dryer unit), so they looped me back around for another go, doing four additional passes at no charge.

Now, this doesn’t compare to the detailings I normally get when we’re parked in FL that leave my RV looking immaculate, but this is also less than 1/4 of the cost.

Now, for the less fourtunate part. This thing is a pressure washer on a moving gantry and sprays high pressure soap and water down the full length of your coach, top to bottom (front and back are manually pressure washed by the operator). Well guess what happens if you happen to have your microwave vented to the exterior? Well, let’s just say you need to put a few paper towels on your countertop. It was honestly fine. Not a huge mess. It looked like someone spilled a small cup of water. We wiped it up, turned on the fan and that was that.

Everything else went great. She’s clean enough for $84 and I would do it again. Just know going into it, it’s going to do about as good a job on your RV as a run of the mill touchless car would on your car. Showroom quality? Absolutely not. But if you’re just looking for a good hose down because you’re about to get her dirty anyways, it’s hard to beat.

So we did this. Paid for the $84 package - no brushes. Magellan was very, very dirty as we’d not washed her since being in FL back in March.

The folks there were very friendly. They do a manual pre-rinse with a pressure washer to get all of the gunk out from between your side topper cases and the body, as well as to remove the bugs from the front. They also give it a quick scrub with soft bristled brushes while it is wet to loosen any caked on stuff. Then they line you up right in front of the gantry and turn it on.

The nice lady running the gantry stayed with it the entire time, closely watching it go across coach the entire time to make sure if anything happened that wasn’t supposed to, she was there to stop the machine before anything go out of hand. Yes - she was inside walking beside this gigantic pressure washer hosing down my RV. She stayed remarkably dry.

Afterwards we pulled out, and in doing so all of the crud that had been loosened from the roof came washing down the side (no dryer unit), so they looped me back around for another go, doing four additional passes at no charge.

Now, this doesn’t compare to the detailings I normally get when we’re parked in FL that leave my RV looking immaculate, but this is also less than 1/4 of the cost.

Now, for the less fourtunate part. This thing is a pressure washer on a moving gantry and sprays high pressure soap and water down the full length of your coach, top to bottom (front and back are manually pressure washed by the operator). Well guess what happens if you happen to have your microwave vented to the exterior? Well, let’s just say you need to put a few paper towels on your countertop. It was honestly fine. Not a huge mess. It looked like someone spilled a small cup of water. We wiped it up, turned on the fan and that was that.

Everything else went great. She’s clean enough for $84 and I would do it again. Just know going into it, it’s going to do about as good a job on your RV as a run of the mill touchless car would on your car. Showroom quality? Absolutely not. But if you’re just looking for a good hose down because you’re about to get her dirty anyways, it’s hard to beat.

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear someone else's experience. The first time I went through the "reverse osmosis" system wasn't working so the coach was full of water spots. They gave me free wash coupon but I have not been able to return, maybe sometime this week. It's an incredible system so I hope they get the bugs worked out soon. Like you said ... the staff is there throughout the wash and really want you to have a great experience. I also look forward to going back.

This is good to know! Thanks for the information about it.
Will try it out on our next trip back to Richmond area, as we seem to come back every month or so to visit the "kids/grandkids"!

Take the grandkids with you. My kids got a kick out of it.

Latest resources

Back