Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
This is last minute effort due to late notification. Family members are going to stay in the San Clemente area for a few days in July and we are looking for camping possibilities. Of course the SBs are booked, probably very far in advance in that area. Anyone know of any private CGs in or around San Clemente? Looking for July 8-11. Thanks!

Only places that come to mind is south in Oceanside, Paradise by the Sea being one. Good luck on your search

Well I got the ONLY campsite available to reserve in all the state and county parks in the Orange County/San Clemente area. 13 miles from town up hwy 74. Elec only but its only for four days and I feel like I got lucky with such short notice in such a populated sea side area. Ortega Flats Campground at Caspers Wilderness Park. It looks like it will do just fine. I’m guessing there are some first-come-first-served non-reservable sites at the state beach CGs but I can’t rely on that especially over a weekend. I might recon that once Im in the area.

Rich...don't give up on finding a "last minute" cancellation. You have your spot, but call on the State Beaches and County Beached until the last minute. Sometimes it's hard to find the right telephone number, but usually I find if you call the main County office and ask for a number they'll give you one. State, you may be stuck on their (very inefficient) website. Have fun!

Rich...don't give up on finding a "last minute" cancellation. You have your spot, but call on the State Beaches and County Beached until the last minute. Sometimes it's hard to find the right telephone number, but usually I find if you call the main County office and ask for a number they'll give you one. State, you may be stuck on their (very inefficient) website. Have fun!
Yes isnt the state parks website fun? It looks like it was developed by someone who has never used a park. I might try for a SP beach site. The one I reserved was only $26/night so even if I cancel a dont get a refund its no great loss.

Only places that come to mind is south in Oceanside, Paradise by the Sea being one. Good luck on your search
This is 24 miles south of central San Clemente and is probably the closest private park to San Clemente in existence. Probably has something to do with real estate values. If I didn’t ”luck out” and get the one remaining site in Orange County at Ortega Flats (16 miles away) I would have probably jumped on this, although they charge $150-$200+/night.

They are expensive. I used to live in the area some 25 years ago and had family and friends so just sucked it up. Glad you found a place cheaper and closer.

I will say the location is close to beach and the area is good 😀

They are expensive. I used to live in the area some 25 years ago and had family and friends so just sucked it up. Glad you found a place cheaper and closer.

I will say the location is close to beach and the area is good 😀
Ortega Flats, at the Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park on 74, is $26/night elec only which is just fine.

Latest resources

Back