Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
A good friend called me yesterday about visiting Sierra Blanca, TX, heading to the East Coast. Coming out of El Paso, you run right into this checkpoint, and he said to be sure you have your firearms adequately secured, and if they decided to have you pull over so they can inspect, you could be there for a long time, some as long as five hours while they search. He said they also have drug-sniffing dogs often, and if you have something illegal, you could be in for a world of hurt for that violation. It is a famous place for celebrities like Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson, who both got hammered at the Sierra Blanca checkpoint.

Ironically, there is a list of known border checkpoints.

There's also a border patrol checkpoint north of Las Cruces (NM) on I-25. I thought it was a bit far inland for a "border" checkpoint. Not that NM gives a flying fig about borders. The more illegals they have to sell, the happier they are. At least the local gangs have slacked off kidnapping young boys and girls for sex trafficking. Still happens but not quite as often.

If you have to avoid a border control checkpoint....jus'sayin...

I just avoid crossing borders. If I have to, I will get a rental.

There are border checkpoints on almost all the major highways coming out of Big Bend and they always have dogs walk around the motorhome. I've always been asked how many passengers and where are we going. Great bunch of men and women trying to do a thankless job. Oh, several years ago I learned quickly to not tell them my dog is better than their dog. Nothing happened he just didn't think it was funny. Also, I know they aren't profiling, yeah sure, but I always take my sunglasses off.

We drove through the Las Cruces check point last spring. He just waved us through. :)

We drove through the Las Cruces check point last spring. He just waved us through. :)
We went through that one last year too. No issues, just asked where we were coming from. I had never been through one before. Crazy to see all the cameras, dogs, etc. Judy D

One more thing!!!
They want to get in my rig they better get a warrant!!!! Just saying they are required to follow the law of the land, or their criminals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back