Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
but probable cause can be pretty easy to establish on the spot based on some fairly loose interpretations even if it might be overturned later.
But this is part of why we are where we are today. Most just want to go along to get along and the city dwellers are most trained in this area. The cities have long beaten people down. You can't fight city hall right? It all boils down to corruption. So the fly over people are being displaced and overwhelmed with illegals and the city dwellers make sure those illegals can drive and work and vote. Because one city outweighs all the fly over people. This is why Trump is hailed(in flyover country), and why the new border bill is being pushed thru by City dwellers and Rino's. You cannot take politics out of discussions when the sides are so starkly drawn. In the next election for President, you will vote for America or the World. As my favorite talk radio host says, "You can't bring there here without here becoming there." Period
Feel free to slap me down or remove this post Neil.

But this is part of why we are where we are today. Most just want to go along to get along and the city dwellers are most trained in this area. The cities have long beaten people down. You can't fight city hall right? It all boils down to corruption. So the fly over people are being displaced and overwhelmed with illegals and the city dwellers make sure those illegals can drive and work and vote. Because one city outweighs all the fly over people. This is why Trump is hailed(in flyover country), and why the new border bill is being pushed thru by City dwellers and Rino's. You cannot take politics out of discussions when the sides are so starkly drawn. In the next election for President, you will vote for America or the World. As my favorite talk radio host says, "You can't bring there here without here becoming there." Period
Feel free to slap me down or remove this post Neil.
Politics aside, part of the problem, and a very large part at that, is too much constraint being placed upon law enforcement, to the point that laws are no longer enforced, which is why we are in the situation you described.

I'm building a new deep end to the RVF pool as this thread has gone right into the deep end again. Chill people. The OP was making fellow RVers aware of checkpoints. I personally don't care about them as I have nothing to hide or fear of them. I've been through them, they are of no concern to me. Now can we not go into level 10 diagnostics on threads like this?
Please READ what Neal said. My intent of this as the OP was purely “ informational” as I thought it was interesting as I have not encountered it yet in my travels. I erred in judgement. My apologies. It was NOT intended to turn the threads into a political debate of right from wrong left from right and everything in between. If you want to have that discussion be my guest…..I ask you kindly to take it to another thread another forum whatever is easiest to carry it on. I regret I put it up and responded a couple of times within and will heed better judgement next time.

Please READ what Neal said. My intent of this as the OP was purely “ informational” as I thought it was interesting as I have not encountered it yet in my travels. I erred in judgement. My apologies. It was NOT intended to turn the threads into a political debate of right from wrong left from right and everything in between. If you want to have that discussion be my guest…..I ask you kindly to take it to another thread another forum whatever is easiest to carry it on. I regret I put it up and responded a couple of times within and will heed better judgement next time.
My intent was to steer this back into apolitical territory and reiterate my support for the work being done on the border. I’m sensing that you have to have really experienced it (quite a bit more than one or two random contacts) to understand it, so there is probably no point in further discussion. But I don’t see the thread as regrettable because if you remove feelings and agendas from the discussion, there is some good information here.

My intent was to steer this back into apolitical territory and reiterate my support for the work being done on the border. I’m sensing that you have to have really experienced it (quite a bit more than one or two random contacts) to understand it, so there is probably no point in further discussion. But I don’t see the thread as regrettable because if you remove feelings and agendas from the discussion, there is some good information here.
Thank you Rich!
One opinion talks, are not realistic, nor healthy!

Carry on!!!

Sheridan,

I found this topic very interesting, and have learned a lot from wanting to "dig" a little further...it's been eye-opening; to say the least!

I just found this good page from ACLU...

It mentions the 100-mile concept you mentioned and...wow...as the map will show, that area covers one heckuva lot of the big cities; ie. LA, San Diego, Houson, and ALL of Florida. LOL..or not so LOL.

I like the chart on that page made to explain the different points that may cause a search. (see attached)

Even though we have nothing to hide, like Neal, except some frozen pineapple pizza (which is grossly illegal in my law of pizza) in case we run into him, I still would feel uncomfortable having our coach searched. For example, I have CBD oils for my back; what "IF" those were considered illegal?

Tonight, I listened to a USCCA presentation about traveling with firearms; to "KNOW WHERE YOU GO". In that show, they mentioned that in some states HOLLOW-POINTS are illegal; so, again, what "IF"?

With all the stupid youtubers running around provoking a "1st Amendment Audit" against cops, it's caused a few discussions from my buddies on what our "rights" really are, what you can do, and what you don't have to. And, with all the 2A battles going on, that right is also been at the forefront of my mind lately.

So now, thanks to @sheridany, I've gotta squish to make some room in my noggin to put this 4A topic in there! 🤪

Never too old to learn something new every day!

Attachments

• aclu_border_rights.pdf
    808.6 KB · Views: 12
We recently passed a law in Texas to add to and enforce what our LEO's can do but unfortunately, there was one little oversight in the law. The law specifies that we can apprehend and charge the illegals with coming into the state illegally and when found guilty we must return them to their home country. That may be Mexico, Columbia, China, Iran, etc. The county of apprehension must pay for the transportation. Texas is already spending billions of dollars doing what the federal government is charged with doing but as we all know, they are not.

They should go back in a shipping container with enough hole fir them to breath - to save money, since you and I have to pay. Sorry.

How do you suppose they got here with fresh clothes, new cell phones, shiny sneakers, and a smile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back