Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Michelin vs. Toyo tires for RV's (and other brands)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I find the article linked above to be just opinion based and biased toward Michelin.

Toyo tire is a world wide company with its headquarters in Japan. They also have Nitto tire. Their US headquarters is in California and a manufacturing plant in Georgia. I have not been able to verify where the RV/Truck tires are manufactured though.

I'm going to be replacing the tires on my 2018 Ventana next year as mine are aging out. Toyo is definitely on my short list.

Neal, hope you do go for Toyos since we have the same motorhome and I'd like to hear your real world experience.

I have M144's also. M144 is model like XRV is a Michelin model.

Interesting, I thought the M144, which I'm getting, replaced the 305/70R22.5. Is that the right tire for a former 315 size?
The M144 is a regional all position tire that comes in 295/80R22.5, 305/70R22.5, and 315/80R22.5 sizes.

Two very different animals size wise. This is a very handy site: Tire Size Calculator

IMG_2637.jpeg

But the M144 comes in both sizes
IMG_2639.jpeg

Also, note recommended rim width of each tire. Only 9"sized rims are the overlap between 305 and 315 tires.

The Toyo M144 tire comes in three sizes.
295/80R22.5, 305/70R22.5, and 315/80R22.5

I also attached a tire inflation chart.

Attachments

• Toyo RV inflation tables.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Toyo M144 548630.pdf
    231.9 KB · Views: 3
Neal, I'm going to talk to ya like a father! You started this thread on August 18th, quit overthinking your decision on going with Toyo's, they will be fine.

Neal, I'm going to talk to ya like a father! You started this thread Aug19th, quit overthinking your decision on going with Toyo's.

I thought I posted above, my coach goes in Monday for Toyo's daaaaaaaaaaad...geeeeeeeez...can I get an iPhone now??????

Latest resources

Back