• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Micro-air Easystart/Bluetooth

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It would be nice if someone could outline the install including pictures here at some point. @Chuggs did so for me and made my 2nd install super easy as I paid for someone to do the 1st install who did a poor job. Wish I could find the info, it's a very easy install if you have good directions.

I will in February 2022 if no one beats me to it

RedBaron, I have inquired to MicroAir who states they do not support an API for integration...I am surprised you purchased these because of that....is your thought you will reverse engineer the MicroAir to integrate it in your new rig (cool)?

For mine, I will be developing dumb relays MQTT to a smart control system to replace all climate controls. No UI at the thermistor. Parts should be arriving today to start the project.

re: MQTT - we should share the MQTT / JSON so that only one software driver is needed to interact with both approaches....

re: bluetooth - no need for that in my architecture. Just a webpage to control not just the thermostats, but everything in the RV. So all current smartphones / tablets / on wall browsers will be usable.

Last edited:
I didn't buy BT. No need. I just want the soft start.

I didn't buy BT. No need. I just want the soft start.
Do you need the MicroAir thermostat to add their softstart circuitry? I assumed the softstart can be used with any thermostat? ie: call for Cool, triggers the softstart circuit that then fires up the compressor....
I haven't done too much research like I know you have on softstart....If you have a link to that thread / discussion / tech, please send.

The Micro-Air soft start has no dependency on or connection to a thermostat. It is a capacitor replacement.

I ordered two of the Micro-Air EasyStart 364 Bluetooth models from TechnoRV.com and installed them on my 2023 Newmar New Aire 3543 today. Installation on the two Dometic Penguin IIs went flawlessly as the step by step instructions (with photos) and the bits included in the optional Installation kits made it easy peasy. After going through the 5 learn procedures on each they were both set up.

The Bluetooth is awsome as I could monitor the learning procedure without having to climb up and down my ladder to watch LED indicator lights do their thing. That alone is worth the Bluetooth version for me!

Best,
-Mark

I ordered two of the Micro-Air EasyStart 364 Bluetooth models from TechnoRV.com and installed them on my 2023 Newmar New Aire 3543 today. Installation on the two Dometic Penguin IIs went flawlessly as the step by step instructions (with photos) and the bits included in the optional Installation kits made it easy peasy. After going through the 5 learn procedures on each they were both set up.

The Bluetooth is awsome as I could monitor the learning procedure without having to climb up and down my ladder to watch LED indicator lights do their thing. That alone is worth the Bluetooth version for me!

Best,
-Mark
Can you outline the install? How technically savvy do you need to be? I just had mine opened up to clean the condenser and evaporator coils, but that's the only HVAC work I've done. Do you install the easy start in the area where I was with the condenser/evaporator coils, or from below?

Also, I see lots of people talk about having soft starts, but what is the practical benefit of it?

Can you outline the install? How technically savvy do you need to be? I just had mine opened up to clean the condenser and evaporator coils, but that's the only HVAC work I've done. Do you install the easy start in the area where I was with the condenser/evaporator coils, or from below?
The install instructions are available from the Micro-Air website. This is the PDF I used since I had Dometic Penguin IIs. You'll see that it is pretty straight forward. Redirect Notice

That said, if you are not comfortable working safely on 120V circuits I'd recommend paying an RV tech to do it

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back