Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Finally after what seemed to be an endless wait, Tesla notified us that the Model Y we ordered will be delivered in two weeks!
Looking forward to Electric road trips😎😎
Save the Dino juice for the RV

Finally after what seemed to be an endless wait, Tesla notified us that the Model Y we ordered will be delivered in two weeks!
If only we could tow it FWD! Seem like a natural tow vehicle to me!
We live in the hills above the Tesla plant in California. There are hundreds if not thousands of those suckers flowing out of that place everyday.

If only we could tow it FWD! Seem like a natural tow vehicle to me!
We live in the hills above the Tesla plant in California. There are hundreds if not thousands of those suckers flowing out of that place everyday.
We got ours last week. It is our second Tesla as we also have a model 3 we got a couple years ago. Great delivery. Car was flawless and the delivery agent was very helpful.

If you have the towing package don’t forget to pick up the pigtail for the brake controller. They’ll probably charge you 5 bucks or so. We are using a Tekonsha P3.

There are three delivery centres in the greater Vancouver area. They are delivering 25 to 45 cars EACH every day. There were about 200 cars on the lot and the one guy said that will last them about a week.

Is this your first Tesla? If so I’ll pass on a few things you should keep in the frunk.

Cheers. Enjoy the car.

08E8FC7D-8E1A-403E-822A-FBA9927DD8C2.jpeg

I've had a 3, then an X and now I have a Y. Had my fair share of issues but Tesla stood by their cars and all got resolved. I do wish we could tow them. Drive around till battery is flat and regen back to full while towing... :D

Best of luck with yours !!!

This will be our first Tesla. Looking forward to the experience. Selling our 2005 VW Passat 4Motion. Gail will miss her teenager but not miss stopping at the gas station.:)

This will be our first Tesla. Looking forward to the experience. Selling our 2005 VW Passat 4Motion. Gail will miss her teenager but not miss stopping at the gas station.:)
Do you already have home charging set up? If not I can make a few suggestions.

Consider getting a set of lift pucks that are used when jacking up the car. They are little hockey puck shaped things that go into notches on the bottom of the car so when the car is lifted it doesn’t put pressure on the battery pack.

Amazon has them. Cheap.

The home charger is due from Tesla on Monday, electrician to follow on Wednesday. Thanks for the tip regarding jack pucks.

The home charger is due from Tesla on Monday, electrician to follow on Wednesday. Thanks for the tip regarding jack pucks.
No worries. Also, Teslas are delivered with tire pressures around 42 PSI. In my opinion the car has a much better feel around 46 PSI. This is just my opinion although many of us run them around that 46 psi.

The only other tip I’ll give you at this point is LEARN THE VOICE COMMANDS. Once you do you’ll rarely have to go onto the display to change or select anything. So thinks like

Open glove box
Fold mirrors
My ass is cold (seat heaters)
Turn on heated steering wheel.
I’m cold. (Raises temp 1.5 degrees)
I’m hot (lowers temp 1.5 degrees).
Take me to (for navigation).

And dozens of others that just keep it simple. I rarely use the centre screen.

Also. Always navigate to Superchargers on road trips. By doing this it will pre-condition the battery so when you hook up it will charge REALLY FAST. If you don’t it will charge much slower.

Lots to learn but you’ll love it.

Last edited:
Report???

Latest resources

Back