• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need some help to understand . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Only @Chuggs would add 10W40 to a pizza!

Only @Chuggs would add 10W40 to a pizza!
Wow...that gives me an idea.

For now...the Jalapeno was the best I have had.

Would like to substitute Hatch Green Chiles next time in New Mexico.

Til then...I'll be cranking out the Jalapeno. The other side of the Pizza was for my son...the plain cheese guy.

Would like to substitute Hatch Green Chiles next time in New Mexico.
Oh yeah; that would be great. Hatch Green Chiles are the best! And, for a bit more adventure, you could always replace the Jalapeños with Habaneros. :rolleyes:

TJ

Oh yeah; that would be great. Hatch Green Chiles are the best! And, for a bit more adventure, you could always replace the Jalapeños with Habaneros. :rolleyes:

TJ
I actually have some Ghost-Habanero and some Scorpion pepper powder that I made in the dehydrator. They both add a bunch of heat without impacting the flavor profile. I just have to be careful with it. It can ruin somebody that isn't accustomed to that high of a Scoville rating. I've watched people insist that they will like it have to get up and leave the table. I am willing to share...and I warn them. Never will I instigate someone to consume some of the stuff. But chiliheads seem to love it.

20150427_092412.jpg

I bow to the heat man! I used to be able to do the really hot stuff, but that has faded to the moderate Habanero level over the years.

TJ
No bowing required. To me, it is more about finding the right pepper for your comfort level. I never want pepper to overpower a dish. That said, capsaicin is a powerful anti-inflamatory. I actually used it for it's healing properties, after a bike accident. My foot got caught in the clipless pedal...and wrenched my toes. I had neuropathy which caused my foot to feel like someone was beating my toes with a sledge hammer. I figured I would try capsaicin therapy. Within a week of eating hot peppers the throbbing went away. Me being a sceptic...decided to cease the pepper intake to see what happened. The throbbing returned. I was so amazed...that I would start and stop the pepper intake to watch how it directly correlated to my foot pain. After a few years...the foot healed to the point the nerve pain no longer returns. The stuff is amazing for this type of nerve pain though. If your stomach can handle processing peppers...without causing other gastric related issues.

I have little tolerance for heat. Jalapeños are fine and from time to time I do like them but anything more than that and I’m out. It is indeed all about your comfort level and individual choice - a theme we should all keep at the top of mind in these trying times.

Hot peppers can actually be very harmful to some people. So, please approach with caution.

They are members of the nightshade family. If you have an inflammatory response to tomatoes, potatoes, goji berries, eggplant, etc...then hot peppers can have the same reaction.

There have also been reported cases of “reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome” (RCVS), a temporary narrowing of the vessels that supply the brain with blood.... From what I understand this is no laughing matter. So, when you see people challenging others to eat super hot peppers...just know...it can cause harm to folks.

I thought it irresponsible of me to talk about the heath benefits...and forget to talk about the risks too.

No bowing required. To me, it is more about finding the right pepper for your comfort level. I never want pepper to overpower a dish. That said, capsaicin is a powerful anti-inflamatory. I actually used it for it's healing properties, after a bike accident. My foot got caught in the clipless pedal...and wrenched my toes. I had neuropathy which caused my foot to feel like someone was beating my toes with a sledge hammer. I figured I would try capsaicin therapy. Within a week of eating hot peppers the throbbing went away. Me being a sceptic...decided to cease the pepper intake to see what happened. The throbbing returned. I was so amazed...that I would start and stop the pepper intake to watch how it directly correlated to my foot pain. After a few years...the foot healed to the point the nerve pain no longer returns. The stuff is amazing for this type of nerve pain though. If your stomach can handle processing peppers...without causing other gastric related issues.
This is also available for topical application, but like most things, it's efficacy likely depends on the cause of the pain, the specific body response of each person.

Latest resources

Back