• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need some help to understand . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ten years ago when we were living in the cabin and building our home up on the hill, I had a small garden. Was growing corn, radishes, hot peppers, bell peppers, etc.

Every morning, I would take the dogs and walk up the road to the top of the mountain where our house was being built. One day, I stopped at the garden (which is on the way up to the building site) and was admiring the hot peppers. They were growing nicely. So I snapped one off and took a nibble on the end. It was so sweet and I thought I had really hit a home run with these guys. So I took my pepper and started walking back up to the site.

Thinking it was going to be more of the same, I took a big ol bite, about half of the pepper. All was good for about 5 seconds and suddenly my mouth was on fire. There was no way to save myself, I was in trouble deep. No water, nothing to help stop the fire, and the house was 1/4 mile away.

So lesson learned. The pepper is sweet but the seeds are (extreemely) hot! Will never do that again!

Ah yes, the hot pepper learning curve starts out pretty flat and then takes off like a Blue Angels vertical break! Been there, done that. With the hot peppers, that is; not with the Blue Angels.

TJ

Yup, I start sweating with anything that has Cayenne - sorry I'm a woose. Weird part is I sweat from the top middle of my head down, like "Airplane" movie. I've sat beside my friend that always asks for the hottest they have and I start sweating just sitting beside him. He is sweating from his eyelids....

View attachment 2885
Sorry...forgot to add pineapple. But, it might have a calming effect from the heat of the Jalapenos.
Oh yowzers. Had to look up this Ooni Oven. Very cool. When are you and Ronni gonna come park by me. Need my friends and pizza....no pineapple. ?

The Ooni is fun...but it is a learning process. I have the Ooni 3. I wanted to bring it to the balloon fiesta...but back when we went, there still wasn’t a propane burner accessory. Lots of places prohibit the wood (pellet) fire. Working with wood was inconsistent for me. I was happy to add gas. I really like the newer ovens. I’m all about portability, but really like the new L shape burner design in the Koda 16”... Just don’t think it will pack as well in a storage bay :( We’ll definitely do pizza Next we cross paths. We even have a small dough mixer we bought specifically for the coach. Nice thing is...it cooks pizzas FAST!

I'm an investor in a craft brewery (The Lazy Hiker) here in Franklin, NC., and we have a new IPA made from pineapple and sweet melon. I haven’t had any of it yet but it’s probably perfectly awful. But non-the-less, I thought about @Neal right away...

I'm an investor in a craft brewery (The Lazy Hiker) here in Franklin, NC., and we have a new IPA made from pineapple and sweet melon. I haven’t had any of it yet but it’s probably perfectly awful. But non-the-less, I thought about @Neal right away...

Enroute...

It will probably sell like hot cakes to the younger crowd...like @Neal. ;)

When you are in business, you sell what customers like, not necessarily w

This place has great outdoor wood fired ovens:

Forno Bravo - Your pizza oven awaits - Authentic wood fired pizza ovens

We have one of their small ovens at the s&b. Wish we had purchased a bigger one. I had to sign an agreement that pineapple would never enter the oven as part of a pizza.
1262EF1D-FB64-4D1D-B204-0FBAFDE7681D.jpeg
9E071BD2-F6E3-406F-8070-BC050928A73E.jpeg
8F6B2099-29C5-44A4-863E-D9A306490F52.jpeg
1262EF1D-FB64-4D1D-B204-0FBAFDE7681D.jpeg
9E071BD2-F6E3-406F-8070-BC050928A73E.jpeg
8F6B2099-29C5-44A4-863E-D9A306490F52.jpeg

Latest resources

Back