Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
I need to wire a 12v USB plug into my half bath wiring closet. I have a 12v fuse box (see pic).

Can I take an open slot, like f20, put the hot wire on the blade and then is the silver section on the top right for hooking up ground wires?

I don't have any proper connections to put on the blade with me, so could I get away with twisting wire around blade and wrapping with electrical tape?

Edit: Actually, found a couple ends that fit on the blades. Not sure I have a proper crimp tool, but figure can make due with pliers or the like.

Just need to confirm that upper right silver piece is for the ground wire.

Attachments

• PXL_20220903_014048565.jpg
    PXL_20220903_014048565.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
Yes, that is correct, open spade for your RED and add fuse after you connect the ground (white) to the upper right section. Super simple.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure.

Pretty sure I have a box of connectors and crimp tool in my garage or RV garage -- but will check my bays when it stops raining in case they are in the RV. I didn't notice at first, but the USB setup was prewired with hardware to mount over a post, but they did include to spade connectors in the box as well. So, if I don't find my stuff here, while on this trip, I'll use a pair of needle nose to crimp, and then replace properly when I'm home. It also has an inline fuse, which I want to remove and replace with straight wire.

Since it has an inline 10amp, should

Latest resources

Back