Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerry & Sarah

RVF Newbee
I just purchased a 2023 New Aire with less than 4000 miles on it. Drove it home and parked it in my warehouse for about 10 days while I cleaned out the garage and installed a new 50a outlet. While parked, I failed to connect it to shore power, thinking that it would stay powerd up until I could move it into the garage. It didn't; everything is dead and pluging it into the standard 110v outlet hasn't charged anything after 48 hours.
Any suggestions???

The batteries should be protected by the Low Battery Cut Off (LBCO) setting so I doubt they are destroyed. Once plugged in to shore power make sure your CHARGER is enabled for your inverter control.

110 isn't typically a good charge source, if you use that then typically charge settings need to be changed. I would start the generator if you can and let it run 6-8 hours if you can.

The batteries should be protected by the Low Battery Cut Off (LBCO) setting so I doubt they are destroyed. Once plugged in to shore power make sure your CHARGER is enabled for your inverter control.

110 isn't typically a good charge source, if you use that then typically charge settings need to be changed. I would start the generator if you can and let it run 6-8 hours if you can.
How do I enable the charger?

First, start your generator

Then review you inverter settings to make sure it is charging, charger is enabled, etc. Most likely it is enabled but review your settings.

Any New Aire and/or Silverleaf owners that want to chime in on what to check, please do.

The problem is that the inverter/charger is not powered on because the house battery voltage is below the threshold for powering up. Without it powered on, the charger cannot charge the batteries. The typical response is that you need to use an external 12V charger to charge the batteries above the threshold. Because the batteries are likely 6V batteries wired in series and parallel, pay extra attention where you connect the charger to the batteries.

If you chassis battery is good, I would think you could start the engine and then press and hold the batter boost button so that the house sides see 13-14V. Hold it long enough to get things booted up and the charger running. Once this is done, I'd like to think that you could then release the battery boost and shut the engine off as the charger would then be putting out roughly 14.2V in bulk mode.

@flyboy013 wouldn't the GEN power the charge circuit same as shore power?

Edit: I'm guessing as you can't start it from Silverleaf you'd have to go to the GEN directly and start it on the front of the GEN?

@Neal No. The generator is no different than shore power. The inverter/charger is looking for DC voltage to boot up. 120V power doesn't help because the charger isn't running because of the lack of sufficient DC voltage.

Its sort of like chicken and egg issue. You need 12V to boot the inverter/charger, but you cannot generate 12V from 120V because the charger isn't running. You need to get the 12V another way. Either external charger or hopefully via the chassis battery boost.

Have just been through a version of this (Xantrax. 3012 inverter). Get a small smart charger - I use NOCO Genius10 (amazon about $120 and hook up directly to the batteries.. connect directly across the entire set (so this will be 12V) it will bring them up over 1-2 days and once you get to >10.8V the main inverter should be able to start. PM me for more info but this should work (My batteries were down to 6.5v after being in service for 2+ weeks...)

Amazon product ASIN B07W3QT226
Seems odd if you just hit LBCO it won’t come back but I understand if discharged. Seems like you better carry a charger if you have silverleaf.

Latest resources

Back