Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2023 Ram 1500
I'm guessing the time has come to replace the original batteries in our coach, but thought I'd run this by the group before parting with the big bucks. It's a 2017 Mountain Aire with eight AGM house batteries and two AGM chassis batteries. We boondocked the last two nights (Friday and Saturday). Friday night after six hours, with all the big power suckers turned off, the house battery level was at 12.1 and chassis was at 12.6. Generator to the rescue and back to the 14s for both. Saturday night didn't fare so well...after six hours the house was at 11.1 and the chassis at 12.6. The gen took three tries to start, but it did, and we ran it all day while traveling.
When we landed at tonight's campground, the displays were confusing at best. We plugged in to good 50-amp power and the SilverLeaf showed ... aw heck, the pictures explain better than my verbosity. Tell me what you think, please. Batteries or something else?
64B27FD0-5EE1-4322-A254-F5AD105059B2.jpeg
66185EC0-1517-4FD0-9A66-C427EBD9C53E.jpeg
51548CF2-75F1-4922-AF85-E08F03B29ED0.jpeg

What does it show with the 50amp disconnected Buddy? And how fast do the DC amps drop?

I only have 6 agms, two yrs old. The best ever after 8 hrs is 12.1. Several times 11.1. Must run generator to stay unplugged all night

What does it show with the 50amp disconnected Buddy? And how fast do the DC amps drop?
Jim, chassis drops to 12.9 in a few minutes. House takes a little longer, but not much…maybe 15 minutes.

11.1 is doing damage. Every time it goes that low it harms the ability to charge fully. Lithium is the answer but $$$$!

12.9 is good, but how long does it stay there and is it a surface charge that drops quickly under load.

How many amp hours of batteries?

Latest resources

Back