Newmar 2022 Orders, Specials, Deliveries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
big

I reached out to my dealer this morning, he informed me that the December delivery date is holding, Once the unit gets on the assembly line he will have a hard date for delivery barring any material or equipment shortages.

Will see......keeping my fingers crossed.....

Tony
Great news. It will be the slight chassis difference I think but hey, nice Christmas present. Once the vin is issued you can apply to the Newmar 'newagle', the owners part which I understand holds all your RV info, diagrams etc. wish you all well with it :)

big

I reached out to my dealer this morning, he informed me that the December delivery date is holding, Once the unit gets on the assembly line he will have a hard date for delivery barring any material or equipment shortages.

Will see......keeping my fingers crossed.....

Tony
Hey great new, must be the slight difference the chassis delivery from Ford. But great Christmas present.

If you don't already know this, once your VIN is issued to your unit you can apply to Newmars 'Newgle' owners site. I think this hold all your specific build specs, manuals, diagrams etc.

Hey FL Steve, congratulations, wonderful unit. Would be interested to know how that initial date turns out. Its still a moving object but hopefully it turns out within those guideline dates. I ordered a BS3401 just on 2 months ago (NIRVC also) before the rush for price increases, so dates were further out, but I am trying to get a better guess now things have settled. As your on the FL chassis (I assume) there may be more availability, but I understand a lot of the same parts on the habitation unit are long back ordered.

Will be nice to learn when production starts for you...... good luck
Thanks @BigMC ... will post any updates as I get them. I am on a Spartan chassis as that is all it comes on.

FLSteve

If it helps, I'm in Run 12 with an ETA out of production initially on Oct. 7th and now on Oct. 13th. I'm told that Newmar is telling everyone that it could be 2-3 weeks late if they end up needing parts.

that means Run 20 -- -my place in line, just slipped. Thankfully, I knew this going in.

@redbaron ... can explain what the run # means??

FLSteve

@redbaron ... can explain what the run # means??

FLSteve
The production is scheduled with a number of chassis to enter production as a batch or "Run #". This a mix of all brands, from BS to KA.

We know from the tours, that multiple chassis are built and staged prior to production. We also know that Floors are built, and laid on the chassis prior to production, but these are all queued up in the same "run #". There is a defined period of time where "Run #x" will start in the chassis shop, and flow thru all the way to final inspection.

Most of us are given a date of "Out of production" which is the date this batch will be finalized with inspection.

We do not know how many days of buffer are built in, but I suspect the buffer days are very small...less than 1 day.

So a delay in parts that affects the entire run, or a day where no one shows up for work, will delay the current RUN as well as all subsequent runs. I have heard that the run from start to finish is 21 days. That means that Renee's run 12 is about to start. It is probably already in the stage where VIN#'s are assigned, and components are being ordered and staged for the production. Once it enters production, delays will be minimal.

There are 8 more runs before mine, so add 1 day per run, and that delays me 1 week additional to what already happened to Renee.

What I do not know is what determines the beggining of a run count vs an end. Is it a fixed # of units (ie: 20 units per run) or is it more detailed, where each run consists of "2 BS, 4 CS, 4 VT, 10 DS, 1 NA, 2 LA, 1 EX, 1 KA"...something along those lines. I don't think newmar has ever disclosed that level of detail.

Thanks @redbaron. This was exactly what I was looking for. I think I have a general understanding of how this works now. I had always heard folks talk about run numbers but never really understood what they meant.

FLSteve?

Just saw at the other place people scheduled in Run 9 are delayed with new estimated completion date of Oct. 18th.

Just saw at the other place people scheduled in Run 9 are delayed with new estimated completion date of Oct. 18th.
Those where BS/CS coaches right? I saw a few of those. They are being moved to a lot waiting on furniture.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back