Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Got the call from Newmar (Phil) this morning as I have a November service appointment. Labor rates going up I had to approve as it affects future appointments and parts price increases.

Attachments

• Disclaimer.pdf
    159.4 KB · Views: 110
wow!!! o_O
But, heck, everything else is going up too!!

I can understand the labor but their parts are generally higher than anybody already.
I feel that the price hike should not be increased if you already have an appointment. You signed a contract.
The bean counters of Webego are tarnishing Newman's reputation.

The more expensive it gets, the less inclined I will be to have them do stuff that I can do myself. Sometimes its nice to pay to be lazy, but it has to meet the cost/benefit criteria. On the other hand, if it causes some people to cancel maybe I can get my Nov. appointment moved up a bit.

While I think the price increases are just as seen across the board in this world, sometimes companies will raise prices to try to reduce demand. Newmar has no issues with demand, they are scheduling nearly a year out for appointments.

Is the quality of the service going to increase as well?

I believe it was a couple months ago they reduced the winter rates to get more demand.

At that price they're still almost 100.00 less per hr than North Trail. :oops:

When booked out a year in advance they can afford to increase rates to increase revenue. Worst case if they see their reservation lead time fall bellow a comfortable level for them (i.e. 3 months) they could always reduce rates back down. Their price on parts is sadly taking advantage of people. The awning parts i needed from there (awning arms) were 33% more than GIrard. Considering we all know Newmar doesn't buy at MSRP it's excessive markup. Sadly I'm still in the quest to find a well priced shop that does good work.

Latest resources

Back