• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved No water getting in from City Water inlet

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@ Weicor: Sounds like the check valve on the water pump is not closing. Does itstill do this after using the pump, turning it off and then using city water? You do turn off the pump when on city water, I assume?

Yes, it does continue to send water to the fresh tank when I reset to city water, and yes I do turn off the pump when connected to city water. I will replace the pump when we return to base camp in kansas next week. Thanks for your guidance. / ivan w

when you get the new one, don’t throw away the old pump. I had one that would run and not pump water. I removed the bottom sections, cleaned the diaphrams and re-assembled it. It worked perfectly. I carried it around for several years as a spare.

Great idea... And I actually tend to hold on to waaay too many misc parts, so it's all good...

Yes, it does continue to send water to the fresh tank when I reset to city water, and yes I do turn off the pump when connected to city water. I will replace the pump when we return to base camp in kansas next week. Thanks for your guidance. / ivan w

Great idea... And I actually tend to hold
when you get the new one, don’t throw away the old pump. I had one that would run and not pump water. I removed the bottom sections, cleaned the diaphrams and re-assembled it. It worked perfectly. I carried it around for several years as a spare.

Getting ready to order a new pump. Orig equip is a Shurflo 4008-101-E65. Can I replace that with a 4048-153-E75 pump to upgrade?? Or should I stay with the orig model? Our unit is a 2011 Heartland Big Country 5th wheel.

The dimensions are different, but I don't see any reason why not. I would check with Shurflo to make sure.

Latest resources

Back