• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved No water getting in from City Water inlet

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Is it possible that it’s the shower is actually not working and the water line is fine? If so, I’d remove the check valve and inlet.

Is it possible that it’s the shower is actually not working and the water line is fine? If so, I’d remove the check valve and inlet.
The shower is the first tap off the water line after it enters from the City inlet. The second tap is the kitchen faucet and it does not work. the third tap is the water heater and I do not hear no see water going through it. My plan is to remove the city water inlet on the weekend and determine what the issue is. It will give me an opportunity to clean up the hose nightmare going on down there - just as I did with the electrical. Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you tried to use something to push on the check valve at the hose connection? That would be about the only thing to stop the flow if it was stuck closed.
I have tried a small screwdriver and the check valve seems to be moving ok.

Is there a house filter between the city water reel and your coach?

Is there a manual fill option to fill your fresh tank and if so, can you hear water going into the fresh tank when filling it?

If you have a fresh water tank, can you fill it and use a water pump assuming you have one?
No house filter - only one on water pump. Manual fill ok, everything works perfectly off water tank and pump.

I assume this is the first time you have used the city hookup. If that is the case a piece of building material likely flowed down to the first tee and blocked the water flow.

Yes, it is the first time. Based on the amount of construction debris I have vacuumed up, it would not surprise me if something got into the water line. God forbid they should test the systems before delivery, but it is what it is. I will be conducting an autopsy this weekend and will post my findings, with photos as necessary.

Well, the plumbing autopsy is complete. The camper manufacturer, Sunset Park Rv, installed the inside hose connector to the City Water inlet, without a cone washer. What this did is to allow the connector to thread too far into the inlet, thus jamming the check valve closed. Installing the cone washer allowed enough room for the check valve to open. Picture attached. This however brings up the question of why such small clearances. I’ve decided to rebuild the fresh water plumbing using all Pex instead of the combination Pex and Camco braided water hose, which is starting to “pinch” in certain areas. I’m going to look for an in-line check valve and remove the one on the City Water inlet.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice!!
5B456960-45DD-42E8-A8B9-C2019AC382C0.jpeg

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update!
Hello Kevin D. I wonder if you could help me with a water issue? We have a wonderful 2011 Heartland Big Country, currently staying at a park in AZ. It appears while on city water connection, water pressure is somehow bleeding over and filling our fresh water tank to over fill and leak out. I have turned off the city water and just using fresh water pump for daily use. Could this be backing up through a faulty water pump? Thanks for any help, Ivan W.

Latest resources

Back