Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@redbaron ... why did you have to put this thought into my head.:ROFLMAO:

FLSteve
Just curious? I know Foretravel is a well built coach, but are they not built on Spartan with the same def head issue?
Judy D

It was an interesting listen for me. He put a lot of thought into it and would only disagree with a couple technical points in his discussion.

I agree that the value of used coaches has risen enough to offset a bunch of depreciation - check. But then he went on to compare that to the MSRP 1% increase on a new coach, instead of comparing to how much a new coach sells for now. The out the door discounts that were there 2 years ago don’t appear to be the same today. However, that is just a technicality as i don’t believe the delta between used and new is much smaller than it used to be - which was his overall point.

Not accustomed to listening to Texas drawl - my mind was racing ahead and around all sorts of things while waiting for the next word to be uttered. ?

I find Brett fascinating to listen to. He provides insight that only an industry insider can, and I never feel like I’m being pitched anything. IMHO, if the rest of the RV corporate world would come out of hiding and speak directly to end users, there would be far less gnashing of teeth, and far more goodwill.

Just curious? I know Foretravel is a well built coach, but are they not built on Spartan with the same def head issue?
Judy D
Yes, they are on the Spartan K4 chassis with the 605 HP Cummins X15 engine, so they may well have the same DEF head issue. If I were buying a coach (which I definitely am not), I would be looking for a used pre-DEF model.

TJ

I watch most informational videos on 1.5 or double speed. ❤️Chrome extension Video Speed Controller.

This is really fun to go back and read what I had posted. The thought of selling my 2019 DSDP began here on this thread. It wasn't a month later that I decided to go for it and buy a New 2022 London Aire.

@FLSteve joined me in selling.

I also ended up buying a grand design travel trailer in Texas that will be heading to Montana this summer.

So it appears I cannot take my own advice...I bought 2 during this "not the time to buy" period.

Hopefully I am not posting regrets here next year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back